• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

[IWAGUMI] My First Iwagumi - Juwel Rio 125 (THE END)

Quick video with the compact last night, not Mark Evans quality lol

Needs a little clean of the rocks, they haven't been cleaned since January! Thanks for looking :)

Maybe not Mark Evans video quality, but certainly Marks Evans pearling quality!
I can clearly no longer blame ramshorn snails for eating my staurogyne either..... maybe it was the rummy noses.
Loving the pygmy corys Paulo.
Cheerio,
Ady.

Ady34 said:
Maybe not Mark Evans video quality, but certainly Marks Evans pearling quality!
I can clearly no longer blame ramshorn snails for eating my staurogyne either..... maybe it was the rummy noses.
Loving the pygmy corys Paulo.
Cheerio,
Ady.
Thanks Ady, the Ramshorn do munch at it ;)

sr20det said:
Any updates on this Paulo
Not a lot has changed, just pruned the Staurogyne again this weekend, and things need time to recover again ;)

Some quick snaps, haven't done much with this, just the occasional trim and scarce water changes!

pict0403hl.jpg

pict0385dc.jpg

pict0364c.jpg

Thanks for looking! :)

is that ammania sp. bonsai youve got in there Paulo?
Looks great.

Paulo,

What a beautiful aquarium and a nice inspiration for all of us.
I'm going to make my first iwaguni this weekend with a ADA 60P.
Already have the plants at the local store ready for delivery.
Stones are ready (i think!) after several attempts i made in sand (that i took from a beach nearby for testing the rock formation).

Looking forward for having such a good looking one like yours.

Pedro.

sr20det said:
How is it maintenance wise, does it grow tall at all, I was thinking of having it as a background plant in my nano?
I have had it in the tank for around 3 weeks, have not trimmed it yet, very high CO2, 6x24w T5, I am thinking about moving it to behind the rocks rather than in front of them, just waiting to see how tall it grows too.

awtong said:
Some beautiful crypts in that tank and they look great with the hardscape.
Thanks Andy :)

pmgsr said:
Paulo,
What a beautiful aquarium and a nice inspiration for all of us.
I'm going to make my first iwaguni this weekend with a ADA 60P.
Already have the plants at the local store ready for delivery.
Stones are ready (i think!) after several attempts i made in sand (that i took from a beach nearby for testing the rock formation).
Looking forward for having such a good looking one like yours.
Pedro.
Hi Pedro, thanks for the feedback, looking forward to the 60P journal ;) if I had a local source for rock I would have done something differently, didn't really want to use dragon stone, I was looking for rounded river rocks, to create a scape similar to Filipe Oliveira setup for a fish store in Portugal, could not find any large enough! Obrigado!

LondonDragon said:
sr20det said:
How is it maintenance wise, does it grow tall at all, I was thinking of having
Hi Pedro, thanks for the feedback, looking forward to the 60P journal ;) if I had a local source for rock I would have done something differently, didn't really want to use dragon stone, I was looking for rounded river rocks, to create a scape similar to Filipe Oliveira setup for a fish store in Portugal, could not find any large enough! Obrigado!

I have Dragon Stones also. I used to love those rocks. Now, after having some 8 or 9 pieces, i don't know if i like it so much. One thing is true: they are easy to break.

Talking about this one from Filipe:

ReS_60_20071007_HiRes.jpg

Near Lisbon i can find MANY rocks like those. Your wish is my command :)

Pedro.

Olá Paulo,

those are basalt. You can find all kinds of them here. Just plan some visit to the Azores and you can collect, red to black, wrinkled, smooth,... with pits, no pits,... rounded, angular... whatever.

abraço

GM

Just plan some visit to the Azores and you can collect, red to black, wrinkled, smooth,... with pits, no pits,... rounded, angular... whatever

Imagine the excess baggage charge though...

Love this tank. Any tips on blyxa care - planting, pruning, etc? Yours is the best I've seen.

Love this tank. Any tips on blyxa care - planting, pruning, etc? Yours is the best I've seen.
Thanks, the tank is still going but has changed a lot since the last photos and there is no more Blyxa in there, it grows well if you have plenty of CO2 and flow in the tank, otherwise it struggles. It grows like a stem, it keeps going up and then shoots come out of the sides, its tricky to trim usually I just up-rooted it all, cut the shoots and replanted it. If you can easily cut the shoots then you might get away without rooting it.

So I have neglected my tank for months and the Gumi has turned into an over grown Jungle!!!

pict0083zs.jpg

pict0075d.jpg

Thanks for looking :) considering a new tank at the moment so this might be the end of the Rio!

Back