• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

iwagumi or natural/jungle style

Nick16

hi, i have a rio 240, 120 long, 40 deep and 50 high. i cant decide whether to go for a natural/jungle scape with glosso and p.helferi at the front, e.tenullus java fern, anubias (on wood) and some crypts in the middle and things ike alternanthera reineckii lilacina and rotata rotundifolia 'green' or to go for an iwagumi with just mini landscape rock and a low carpeting plant. but i have no experiance what so ever and think the first option would be the easiest for me to start out on.

Personally I went with the jungle/nature style as I think there is more room for mistakes without the tank looking like a total mess! The Iwagumi style seems to need a more precise approach, although never having done one I'd take this with a pinch of salt... :lol:

I would say the jungle style any day. Also, as said above, there's way more room for mistakes, and it's also way more achieveable IMO for someone with less experience.

thanks for the help guys, that what i though, i may stick with my first idea, await the journal sometime in late jan, feb kinda time.

Back