• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
Re: [IWAGUMI] Project Scree

ghostsword said:
nelson said:
its a stunning scape.i feel lucky that i got to see it in the "flesh" :D .
Yep, the scape is amazing. There is a lot of detail that is not visible either on pics or on the video. Really a good work.
Was glad George brought this one down to London, one of my favourites, the only thing I didn't like about it was carrying it up a flight of stairs into the car lol

ghostsword said:
nelson said:

Yep, the scape is amazing. There is a lot of detail that is not visible either on pics or on the video. Really a good work.
Thanks, Luis! :)

LondonDragon said:
ghostsword said:
nelson said:
Was glad George brought this one down to London, one of my favourites, the only thing I didn't like about it was carrying it up a flight of stairs into the car lol
Yeah, thanks so much for you help mate. It was a real team effort with you, and Matt and Rik helping out with the fish collecting! It was really, really appreciated. :thumbup:

This is one of my favourite tanks here. The stone arrangement looks very ecstatically beautiful and natural, the minimal choice of plants and fish compliments it and the light gravel around it all helps to focus the eye.

regards,
Paul

Here's a quick update after being away from home and decent Internet access for almost 3 weeks... Did you miss me?! :lol:

As usual, nothing much to report. I'm still loving the 'scape and it's causing me no problems at all, except some minor algae build-up on the rocks.

I took these pics just before I went away. I will update some new pics soon.

5281025975_222417a188_b.jpg

5281627324_d1dd525ff8_b.jpg

5281627622_20b415cd35_b.jpg

5281026773_6588a04194_b.jpg

5281027075_c19dff06aa_b.jpg

It's hard to believe this 'scape is almost 6 months old now.

Season's Greetings to you all! :D

George :geek:

One - Bloody cracking photos as usual, all giving something slightly different. I think the partial tank shot is great!
I assume thats your daughter looking into the tank, and once again can see you have been talking to the fishes and asking them to look your daughter in the eye! :clap:

Two - How healthy is that looking! You make me sick! :lol: :lol: How do you keep it so clean?

Three- on a daily basis what is your light power in watts and how long for ?

Four- Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you Dude!

Five - just reading your latest article in PFK no rocks or stone! Old school! ;)

Cheers
Andyh

Thanks, Andy! :)

1) Thanks. I try to mix up the photography, as the 'scape doesn't change much.

2) It's not much effort to keep it clean. Just rock-scrubbing, mainly.

3) Lighting is 1 x 24w HO T5 for 7hrs.

4) Merry Christmas, Andy!

5) That was a challenge!

That sand is so clean! Lovely as per!

It's so stylish and clean. Amazing. :clap: It got a "beachy" feeling with the sand, rocks and "grass".

George,

I really like the shot with your daughter in front of the tank :thumbup:
The one with the shrimp is also looking good. Care to share your photo equipment list and settings used for these shots?

All in all a very clean and pleasant to view tank.

Thanks. :)

My camera body is a Canon 50D. Currently I have three lenses; Sigma 17-70mm f2.8-4.5, Canon 50mm f1.8, and Canon 100mm f2.8 macro.

Generally speaking, I use the Sigma for wider angle stuff, the 50mm for full-tank shots, and the 100mm macro for close-up stuff.

Usually I'll rely on aquarium lighting, so use wider apertures and up to ISO 800+ if I want to freeze fish movement.

You can view individual camera settings for each image (EXIF data) on my Flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/georgefarm ... 611072033/

Thanks again.

Thanks George.
I'm thinking about buying 50mm, as currently I have only kit lenses 18-55mm.

Almost 7 months old! It's been my favourite 'scape for lots of reasons.

5369724290_fa48baefde_b.jpg

Time for a re-scape but I will be using the original rockwork and different plants.

Amano calls this concept, “Sozo Haishoku (creative plant rearrangement).”

Here's some last shots before the re-plant.

5339889481_9744c0fce8_b.jpg

5339890993_7d78650ff9_b.jpg

5339890463_b6ba10c300_b.jpg

5339889883_d5d495849b_b.jpg

The hand of destruction (or creation?!)
5340503546_7a82d52527_b.jpg

Re: [IWAGUMI] Project Scree - Final shots

what filter is that george? cant wait to see the new scape ive been reading up on Sozo Haishoku lately, sounds like a really good technique to prolong a rock scape and make it interesting again.

Regards, Gus.

fly like a g6.... lol! i can bet it aint cheap just from looking at it, looks mint though, i seen your new twitter feed too :) kudos to you, are you the first aquascaper on twitter?

This first photo from final series is amazing. Good luck in the comps.
Looking forward to your new creations :thumbup:

Back