Iwagumi Shrimp Style - UPDATE: 26.09.08

Okocha

New Member
Joined
20 Jun 2008
Messages
23
Location
Portugal
Hi everyone, i'am from Portugal so sorry my bad english ;)

Setup:

Date Mounting: 07.05.2008
Measures:60x30x35
Filter: JBL PROCristal 100
Termostato: 100W
Lighting: 2x25W
Substracto: Akadama / Areia Sílica
CO2: Caseiro

Flora:

Musgo de Java
Eleocharis Acicularis

Fauna:

2x Trichogaster leeri
3x Puntius Titteya
2x Rasbora Heteromorpha
2x Corydoras Paleatus
1x Neritina sp Traktor
1x SAE
8x Red Cherry
3x Caridina Japónica


10052008-1.jpg


Caridina Japónica
CardinaJaponica-100508.jpg


SAE
SAE-100508.jpg
 

ceg4048

Expert/Global Moderator
Staff member
Joined
11 Jul 2007
Messages
8,993
Location
Chicago, USA
Re: BROWN VALLEY - IWAGUMI STYLE

Hi,
Welcome to the forum. Very nice aquascape, but what is that white blur in the back? Is that your filter outlet? You may be losing CO2 if it splashes so violently. Consider usinga spraybar or a lily pipe outlet.

I'm not sure what a CO2 Caseiro is. Can you clarify?

Cheers,
 

LondonDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
21 Feb 2008
Messages
10,967
Location
London
Re: BROWN VALLEY - IWAGUMI STYLE

ceg4048 said:
I'm not sure what a CO2 Caseiro is. Can you clarify?
Means DIY in portuguese hehe ;)

Okocha good start, parabens :)
 

planter

Member
Joined
7 Nov 2007
Messages
427
Location
Surrey
Re: BROWN VALLEY - IWAGUMI STYLE

Welcome Okocha,

Nice aquascape, Cant help feeling the pearl gourami is spoiling it a little. A shoal of tetras would compliment the scape better IMO.

Nice start!
 

ceg4048

Expert/Global Moderator
Staff member
Joined
11 Jul 2007
Messages
8,993
Location
Chicago, USA
Re: BROWN VALLEY - IWAGUMI STYLE

LondonDragon said:
ceg4048 said:
I'm not sure what a CO2 Caseiro is. Can you clarify?
Means DIY in portuguese hehe ;)

Okocha good start, parabens :)

Thanks Paulo, I knew you'd come to the rescue! :D Could you do one more favor and ask in Portuguese about that white blur? I can't quite make out whether thats a diffuser or not and the white looks like CO2 is just escaping at the back?

I have to say, I agree with planter 100% about the fish. :(

Cheers,
 

LondonDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
21 Feb 2008
Messages
10,967
Location
London
Re: BROWN VALLEY - IWAGUMI STYLE

ceg4048 said:
Thanks Paulo, I knew you'd come to the rescue! :D Could you do one more favor and ask in Portuguese about that white blur? I can't quite make out whether thats a diffuser or not and the white looks like CO2 is just escaping at the back?
I agree with the fish also, that style of tanks needs small fish for higher impact ;)

Okocha o ceg pergunta se isso que tens a fazer a bolhas de ar é o difusor do CO2? Se for ele diz que o CO2 está a escapar todo pelo lado esquerdo atrás. E bem vindos ao forum :)
 

planter

Member
Joined
7 Nov 2007
Messages
427
Location
Surrey
Re: BROWN VALLEY - IWAGUMI STYLE

LondonDragon said:
ceg4048 said:
Thanks Paulo, I knew you'd come to the rescue! :D Could you do one more favor and ask in Portuguese about that white blur? I can't quite make out whether thats a diffuser or not and the white looks like CO2 is just escaping at the back?
I agree with the fish also, that style of tanks needs small fish for higher impact ;)

Okocha o ceg pergunta se isso que tens a fazer a bolhas de ar é o difusor do CO2? Se for ele diz que o CO2 está a escapar todo pelo lado esquerdo atrás. E bem vindos ao forum :)

Im thinking Rasbora Hengeli ?

Does the title 'Brown valley' bother any one else or is it just me? :wideyed:
Sorry Okocha just trying to help :D
 

Okocha

New Member
Joined
20 Jun 2008
Messages
23
Location
Portugal
Re: BROWN VALLEY - IWAGUMI STYLE

LandonDragon diz-lhe que aquelas bolhas são do meu filtro :D, podes dizer ai a malta que podem escrever a vontade que eu consigo compreender tudo.

Os gouramis estão neste áquario temporáriamente.

Cumps

João "Okocha" Freire
 

Okocha

New Member
Joined
20 Jun 2008
Messages
23
Location
Portugal
Re: Okocha's AQUA - IWAGUMI STYLE

Sorry planter for the same name of the aquarium :)

Cumps

João "Okocha" Freire
 

planter

Member
Joined
7 Nov 2007
Messages
427
Location
Surrey
Re: Okocha's AQUA - IWAGUMI STYLE

Okocha said:
Sorry planter for the same name of the aquarium :)

Cumps

João "Okocha" Freire

Dont change the name on my account, I just just got a bad sense of humour :D
 

Okocha

New Member
Joined
20 Jun 2008
Messages
23
Location
Portugal
Re: Okocha's AQUA - IWAGUMI STYLE

Today i decided to change my aquarium and re-start all over again, but in the same style and this is the final result :D

Img001.jpg


Img002.jpg


Img003.jpg


Img004.jpg


Img005.jpg


Img006.jpg


Img007.jpg


Sorry guys for the quality of the pictures, i only had my phone at home LOL :p

Cumps

João "Okocha" Freire
 

planter

Member
Joined
7 Nov 2007
Messages
427
Location
Surrey
Re: Okocha's NEW LAYOUT - CHECK IT OUT - 22.06.08

You place the stones well Okocha but for me there is a rock missing! see pic -

Img007.jpg
 

Okocha

New Member
Joined
20 Jun 2008
Messages
23
Location
Portugal
Re: Okocha's NEW LAYOUT - CHECK IT OUT - 22.06.08

You are right planter, but i don´t have anymore of this type of stone and maybe i can´t get more :( i had collected far away from here i live.

Well lets see what is going to happen hehe

Cumps

João "Okocha" Freire
 

jay

Member
Joined
22 Apr 2008
Messages
693
Location
Harrow, Middlesex
Re: Okocha's NEW LAYOUT - CHECK IT OUT - 22.06.08

hope thats not the heater with its bottom in the substrate.
heard that can be dangerous

really liking the scape re-do so far. would be really nice with a large focal point rock though.
sure you can always do something about that with the planting.
 
Joined
10 Jun 2007
Messages
963
Location
Dorset, UK
Re: Okocha's NEW LAYOUT - CHECK IT OUT - 22.06.08

jay said:
hope thats not the heater with its bottom in the substrate.
heard that can be dangerous

yeah really is dangerous.. a heater needs water flow over every part in order to disperse the heat or itll likely crack.
 

Okocha

New Member
Joined
20 Jun 2008
Messages
23
Location
Portugal
Re: Okocha's NEW LAYOUT - CHECK IT OUT - 22.06.08

I'm really sorry for the quality of the picture ;), i add a small stone in the right side but i dont like very much the result :mad:

Img008-1.jpg


Cumps

João "Okocha" Freire
 

LondonDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
21 Feb 2008
Messages
10,967
Location
London
Re: BROWN VALLEY - IWAGUMI STYLE

Okocha said:
LandonDragon diz-lhe que aquelas bolhas são do meu filtro :D, podes dizer ai a malta que podem escrever a vontade que eu consigo compreender tudo.
Os gouramis estão neste áquario temporáriamente.
Cumps
João "Okocha" Freire

"The bubbles coming out from the right hand side are from the filter, and the gouramis are in the tank temporarilly."

João good luck with the new scape, photos look a little dark is all the ligh on?
 

ceg4048

Expert/Global Moderator
Staff member
Joined
11 Jul 2007
Messages
8,993
Location
Chicago, USA
Re: BROWN VALLEY - IWAGUMI STYLE

LondonDragon said:
Okocha said:
LandonDragon diz-lhe que aquelas bolhas são do meu filtro :D, podes dizer ai a malta que podem escrever a vontade que eu consigo compreender tudo.
Os gouramis estão neste áquario temporáriamente.
Cumps
João "Okocha" Freire

"The bubbles coming out from the right hand side are from the filter, and the gouramis are in the tank temporarilly."

João good luck with the new scape, photos look a little dark is all the ligh on?

OK, well that's not good news for CO2 retention. You should consider porting the filter flow to a spraybar or lily pipe to lower eliminate the bubbles which drive away the CO2. This would improve the circulation and distribution of nutrients to the plants.

Cheers,
 

Similar threads

Top