• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Jack's 70 Litre High Tech

Bit of basic info:
Equipment: 2*11W compact T5's, pressurised CO2, Tetratec ex 700
Ferts: Substrate (Mulm, peat, dry powders and sand), TPN+ at the moment, but I'll be using my dry salts when it runs out, and a few ml's of Easy Carbo daily.
Fauna: Hyphessobrycon amandae or Ember Tetra * 12

I've been dabbling with planted set ups for a few years but would call this one my first serious go:

IMG_1200.jpg

The tank itself has been running about 4 weeks, some of the plants were salvaged from a previous set up, but the HC, Hair Grass, Hygro polysperma, Salvinia natans and Star Grass were added on Tuesday after my trip to the Green Machine :D

Comments + Critique welcomed :)

Very natural! I like the overall composition and can only see it getting better as the foreground fills out :thumbup:

It's been a while since this was updated, but here's a sort of photo montage!
IMG_1229.jpg

IMG_1235.jpg

IMG_1276.jpg

IMG_0024-1.jpg

to this:
IMG_0349-1.jpg

and a few of the inhabitants:
Half of the group:
IMG_0166-1.jpg

Male:
IMG_0158-1.jpg

Female:
IMG_0162.jpg

Male/Female comparison, this pair has spawned, the Male is on the top and the Female on the bottom (apologies for the slightly out of focus female):
IMG_0167-1.jpg

I love embers. Added them to my tank a couple of weeks ago. Yours are clearly very happy judging by their colour.

Not entirely sure about the double arcpod lighting arrangement mate. That giving you adequate coverage across the tank?

That is soon to be changed, the tank is now running low tech so only has 1 Arc pod over it, soon to be replaced with a DIY LED rig.

I'll be adding a few more fish this weekend, probably some dwarf Cory's and a pair of Apistogramma spp.

I love the rescape, looks much better! Have you thought about tidying the filter inlet/outlet up a bit? Would look much neater with some glassware on there.

I love Embers, I've only got 3 in my nano but they quite happily swim around with the other species. One of them is very pale though which I expect is Hyphessobrycon georgettae. You had any of these in your group?

Thank you both, Glass ware is on the shopping list, I've been meaning to get some lily pipes for some time but never got round to it so I need to have a look around and see what I can find, I'm tempted to invest in an in-line heater too. I don't think I've ever had any Hyphessobrycon georgettae come in with the H.amandea that I've kept, though I did once get a Boraras brigittae.

It's funny you should suggest adding a back ground, many have and I've never been struck on them, but I've seen a few which I might like, I remember seeing a graduated blue one which Saintly used for one of his scapes, I might see if I can find one of those as the effect works well.

re, the background, you might find something in 'Staples', they had some coloured card in that looked good.

ps the scape looks loads better.

Back