• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

James3200s 6.5x2x2' planted tank - UPDATE - 26/06/09

How does that work then? :? If its a water change should the water not be much lower than the braces?

Re: James3200s 6.5x2x2' planted tank

I'm guessing this is post water change, and by tomorrow with those hot lights etc there will be some evapouration...

Yep thats right, until about 1pm when it refills again

Yea, the tank was an expensive setup but il be very happy when i get the Altums, & no My girlfriend does not read this forum :D

Cost me more like half that, from selling loads of supplies + VAT and the computer was from my last setup :rolleyes:

plantbrain said:
5000 pounds?
Oh lordy.........

Regards,
Tom Barr

So how much would this tank cost state side Tom?

My 180 gal which a few cm shorter, ran about 3000$ total.
About £1500 with the conversion rates.

Seems like everything there is 2x as much.
I do not pay for plants and if so, wholesale, same for fish and most items.
Dry goods I do not get quite as good deals on though.
But I try and get the nice stuff and have it look decent.

Yes, selling off some of the stuff you later realize you never needed is part of the deal.
Some things you try and decide against.

But I blow my $ on CO2 meters, PAR meters O2 meters, Spects, micropippetters and reagents :rolleyes:

I must have 20k$ in stuff like that.
Larger tanks like this are good sources of income for plants.
You can make a good amount selling to the clubs and then make more friends by trading among the plant club members. Then you can use plants rather than money, just like the old days:)

Regards,
Tom Barr

Is there an update on this tank? I wondered how the altums are and if you have any shots of them 'in action' :)

Yeah you guys keep getting the good deal. Not only the price is half of what it cost to buy it here, the portion offered is doubled!

Is there an update on this tank? I wondered how the altums are and if you have any shots of them 'in action'

Il have an update some time next week when i get the fish. Unfortunately, i have had enough of waiting for them, i have tried so many channels but no one can supply at the moment :(

The tank is going to be treated with some wild discus as originally planned

Appart from that the tank is now on step 2 and the plants have responded very nicely, will have some updated pictures soon.

Tefe Greens

Might even get them at the weekend :)

Stunning James, i used to have a couple of Tefe green spotted a few years back. Bought them as a breeding pair, sure they were males though.

Il be gettting 7 of them so should finish the tank of nicely :)

My favourite form of discus - great choice. Think they will look awesome. Can't wait to see the pictures.

Yea spawning them would be awesome.. I am getting them from a popular source ;) they are about 6" and his personal fish

Off to pick them up tomorrow morning, so watch this space!!

Back