• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

James3200s 6.5x2x2' planted tank - UPDATE - 26/06/09

Re: James3200s 6.5x2x2' planted tank

Made my way up to Chens discus today, nice bloke and some great stock

They have now got use to the co2 levels and seem to be happy. Obviously they have to colour up alot and i did not have the hallides on,im really happy with them :)

DSC_0401.jpg

DSC_0388.jpg

DSC_0402.jpg

DSC_0400.jpg

DSC_0394.jpg

DSC_0398.jpg

DSC_0395.jpg

You might have noticed i have no cardinals.. I lost 60 of them ifor a unknown reason, water was perfect, no ich. I did add some from MA and they must have had something and i only have 2 left.. Checkerboards perished too, i will be replacing them with rummies soon and quarentine them.. thats what the fluval is for

Gave the tank a trim yesterday and got rid of some of the balansea, ferns and tenellus. I am almost happy with it, as soon as the swords and the balansea fills in i think it will be 'finished'

Re: James3200s 6.5x2x2' planted tank - Discus now in

They look great James, and they seem to be shoaling very well.

I had a feeling you were going to see Francis, he really does know his discus. ;)

They look great James. Sorry to hear about the losses. Any idea what did them in? What were the symptoms?

Cheers, they are beautiful fish

Any idea what did them in? What were the symptoms?

No idea, no symptons, in about 48 hours they all died, they were not even off colour

Re: James3200s 6.5x2x2' planted tank

james3200 said:
will be replacing them with rummies soon

Shame about losing the cardinals, but a big school of rummies will look absolutely fantastic :D

looking good mate, chens really do have some fantastic discus!
infact the LFS i work at is soon to be a distributor of Chens discus, can't wait!

Well, that is pretty! Only thing I'd say is for a tank that size you could double the amount of discus, though that might not be the best for the overall balance. I'd definately get 4 more myself.

Congrats though!!!

wow, impressive tank... i'm impressed James.. the set up, lay out, the tech involved, and the discus look really nice. i'll be following this tread nicely :D

Wow!Just read through this whole thread and I can't believe its ended like this.

Hi all.

Yea there will be soon, recently re planted the lawn..

Have not been around on forums for quite a few months for a number of reasons, but will try and get a nice update of the tank once the lawn is filled in again.

Here is a teaser :)( branch is over 3')

30092008.jpg

James

NICE! good to see you back again. I found that the tree from "Route to Wilderness" looked better out of the water :lol:

Thanks

Nice to be back, lots to go through though!

James

Wooh-hoo!

Great to see this thread back up!

Mark

Back