• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

James3200s 6.5x2x2' planted tank - UPDATE - 26/06/09

OK guys, please...we do have a bar room brawl section called "The White Room" where we can initiate specific threads to either extol the virtues of Brighty/ PFK/Whatever, or to defame them. It's very disrespectful to the original poster to do that here so we'll issue our collective apology to James3200 and commit to restricting the content of our posts to include only comments appropriate to his journal, Agreed? :rolleyes:

Cheers,

I was actually enjoying the brawl, :lol: ,Sks just wouldn't go down and kept coming back for more punishment, I think George won with a technical knockout, it's good to have a healthy debate and hear different opinions!

EDIT by CEG4048: Martin please lets move on. Follow the brawl and respond to it on the link provided.

Anyway, back to business

Here is the view from my desk :) I think this is my favourite angle, you can also just see the balansea there! Needs a little trim to keep that headland look and waiting on that bright sand from AE to top up the foreground and clean up day tomorrow.

Tomorrow a few more fish will be going in, not the angels yet though..

DSC_0208.jpg

DSC_0211.jpg

very, very nice. Beautiful tank, when do you plan on putting the bigger fish in?

JOHNNY

My LFS has some 10" tall altums in a big 30" H display tank. But I think they'd dwarf even this tank.

Coming along great, James. You must be very happy with the progress.

Is it developing how you'd expect? How long do you think you'll stick with this layout? I get bored after a few months...

Keep it up mate.

very, very nice. Beautiful tank, when do you plan on putting the bigger fish in?

Cheers, they wont be going in till the first week of March as i am on going on holiday at the end of feb and want to be around when they are adjusting + they are wilds and need to be quarantined by the supplier for around a month and wormed, so not for a while :(

My LFS has some 10" tall altums in a big 30" H display tank.

Dont suppose they need a new home :p

I am happy with the progress so far, apart from the swords which are still adjusting but the new growth is promising.

This layout is here to last as long as possible, the only thing that may change is the tenellus to another carpet plant, but that's a long, long way off.

I get bored after a few months...

Thats what a new tank is for, im setting up my home tank in a few months to try something new out :)

Added 6 checkerboards yesterday, about 1", all doing well and doing lots of exploring :)

DSC_0217.jpg

DSC_0232.jpg

DSC_0246.jpg

Cheers,

Yea i got them at maindhead in Morden, there are probably a couple left

I think they are filamentousos, not 100% sure though.. Joe or Chris there will be able to tell you though

Small update

Have thinned out the ferns lower down and have started to fill up the top branch, the plan is to fill that up.

I got some more balansea from George's old tank, which is still a little deformed, but should straigten up in a week or so, mine acually has started to grow quite quick now i have the MHs on. The otos have been damagin the urugyanesis, so hopefully those should distract them

Altums have been sourced, and will be going in in just over a month :D

DSC_0258.jpg

DSC_0264.jpg

DSC_0266.jpg

DSC_0256.jpg

DSC_0276.jpg

DSC_0277.jpg

Cheers

Looking very lush James. Once that balansae fills in it will really set the other plants off.

Was just wondering why the Fluval's in there? Is it just for flow or is there some filtration reason?

Cheers,

Yea it has purigen in it, and i also use it to create some flow lower down/substrate, but that will be getting swapped for a hydor koralia soonish

I am impressed with this setup. Would'nt mind having something like that next to my desk.

About the CO2 diffusor: From the picture it appears to be mounted upside down, also water through it is flowing bottom to top which is usually top to bottom. Is that intentional ?

18102007.jpg

Many thanks

Yep, it is upside down, that picture was taken just after i glued it all up, it has since been switched around. When i get the chance i will be changing the filtration setup and adding another diffuser, about flowing bottom to top, thats just how i fitted it, not done intentionally :lol:

Yep the carindals rarely move from the left of the tank, the checkerboards do though.. But i am sure once the 10 Altums are in there they wont be so stationary :p

Thank you :)

I have never kept altums and alway wanted to + i felt the discus would have been harder on the scape as they are pretty messy

Back