• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

James3200s 6.5x2x2' planted tank - UPDATE - 26/06/09

Re: James3200s 6.5x2x2' planted tank - UPDATE - 23/01/09

Hi James,how many do plan to have in total?

Not sure atm, maybe 3 or 4 more. I hoping that some may start to spawn soon though.. wilds take a long time to settle in, but hopefully soon that may happen, that's the dream anyway :)

Tank is looking great - I love the wilds ! My discus are on beefheart every morning but I've never had cloudy water. 20 % water changes early every morning.

Cheers Tony. Yea, never had an issue with feeding beefheart in other tanks, so makes me suspicious..Going to give it a miss though for a couple of weeks to test that theory out. It is clearing up slightly, so hopefully the extra filtration will help + its a good fail safe in case the 2260 packs in at anytime.

Thanks Steve, I am yea, more so as its been my only tank for over 2 years, would love to move it home mind due, however, I cant see the Mrs letting me move it into our terrace house!!

Hi all,

Did some work on the tank today, cleaned the sand foreground up, and moved some of the vallis to the back, ferns have not been trimmed though.. :rolleyes:

Everything is running smoothly, just feeding the fish!

DSC_0052.jpg

DSC_0062.jpg

DSC_0076.jpg

DSC_0060.jpg

DSC_0064-1.jpg

DSC_0066.jpg

Still need to work on my Photography though!!

Cheers
James

Absolutley stunning,best Uk planted discus setup I've seen,

Regards john

Cheers guys, means allot :)

I live near Croydon, but the tank is in the office I work at on the Purley way, Croydon.

Thanks Sam, helps only having one tank.. ;)

Saintly, If your ever around this way, let me know!

Looking amazing as ever James! One of my favourite tanks ever, when I have the time/space/money I might have a go at recreating something like this, albeit on a slightly smaller scale (4x2x2 most likely)
Again, looking amazing! :D

Thanks again :)

I have had the original group of discus since April 08, they must be about 3 years old, the rest were bought Feb 09, a few are dinner plate size, so at least 3-4yrs old i recon, maybe more as they are all wilds.. :?:

Cheers,

Sure Paulo, let me know when your down this way

If kept well they can live 10+ years

They do shoal, when they feel like it mainly or when foods about to be dropped in :) They tend to shoal more when the lights are out though.

James

Could be done.. couple of people have asked before but have never got round to organising something concrete, no problem in coming down here, I need a hand pruning the ferns :p

Will post something up this weekend and see what feedback is like

james3200 said:
Could be done.. couple of people have asked before but have never got round to organising something concrete, no problem in coming down here, I need a hand pruning the ferns :p

Will post something up this weekend and see what feedback is like

I was one of those people and believe it or not, I was actually thinking about it this week, and was going to ask you how you are fixed for next weekend! (sat AM). If you are going to do a meetup though I'll happily hold fire and work around whatever day you decide on for that 8)

Back