• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

James3200s New Altum... :) Tank - ALTUMS IN

Quick update.

Tank and fish doing really well. Just got back from a 10 day business trip from Africa to see that my colleague at work did a really good job on feeding the fish and dosing ferts, first time I have come back to a tank in a long time with nothing to get pissed off about :) Got lots of trimming to do next week, which I will offer on the forum

Anyway, one quick very poor camera phone photo to show new growth, will take some more soon when the next addition to the tank arrives ;)

20121027_113802.jpg

This is crackin mate.

It reminds me of an earlier Amano work.

The large stone works really well in this layout, along with its little brothers. The natural look of the grass type plants works great to.

I'm contemplating using large stones and wood together in the next layout. Iwagumi, with a touch of wood.

Hi mark, thanks, the stone is starting to nicely blend in now. The initial scape had weeping moss which was removed but a fair bit found itself in the foreground, since the last trim i have let it grow a bit and i am liking the natural softened look of the foreground

20121127_144335_HDR.jpg

Been using eloes ferts leanly and really pleased with plant growthover the last 6 wks

Will get some decent photos up soon when i remember to bring the camera to.work!

Cheers
James

Epic.....i want close ups too!
Altums seem to have grown considerably, as too the tetras.....oh and the plants!! :D
Cheerio,
Ady

Back