• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

JamesC akadama recipe...

fleabilly

I and starting a new tank,
And wanted to give jamesC's akadama a go.
I am on a time limit due to plants that need to be back in soil soon...

These are the salts I need...
120g Calcium carbonate
105g Magnesium sulphate
30g Potassium sulphate

I have the Magnesium sulphate, but need the other two.
Is there by chance any place in London where I might be able to get these today?
If not, where is the best place to source these online?

Cheers

R

Sent

Thanks,
But I could not find the calcium carbonate on their website.

Wish that maybe there was something in town. I have the day off and the weather is nice.

R

Sent

Hi all,
calcium carbonate
It isn't really a fertiliser as such it is the pure form of "ground limestone", derived from chalk or carboniferous limestone. It is only sparingly soluble. The other source would be "fine chick grit", you want the 100% oyster shell. The shell (aragonite) form of calcium carbonate is slightly more soluble than the calcite form (from limestones).

It is extremely cheap from horticultural or agricultural merchants. The last bag I bought was 25kg for about £6 for ground limestone and a I got a kg of chick grit for about £1.

cheers Darrel

I managed to track down everything. Thank you amazon. Figure I'd make the feet soup then chuck the akadama in and let it stew till it either gets warmer. The next tank will not be rushed. (Personal reminder)

Sent

Back