• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Jase's 28l Long/Shallow - "Attrition"

Re: Jase's 28l Long - NOW PLANTED

Day 9

Marsilea planted yesterday, it wasn't in the best condition on arrival and three pots didn't go very far. I've left a bit of the taller growth to allow it to 'settle in' before trimming.

Day9.jpg

Jase

Loving it the scape looks great, cant wait to see it with more growth and take shape.

I like this as its different from the norm, if you not what i mean! The widescreen view is cool!

Lovely rock work, the bolbitis looks super healthy. Did you cot off the emergent stems with the Marisella. It took ages to get going for me but when it does it's rampant, T

TBRO said:
Lovely rock work, the bolbitis looks super healthy. Did you cot off the emergent stems with the Marisella. It took ages to get going for me but when it does it's rampant, T

Cheers T

I cut off about 75% of the emergent growth, wasn't quite confident enough of cutting it all back :shifty: I'm gonna keep an eye on it and act accordingly

Update

Day 17 (Saturday)

We have new wood! JamesM and Saintly sorted me out with some nice Manzi wood pieces, which took between 24 and 36 hours to sink, this stuff is awesome - cheers fellas

I've added yet more Crypt moehlmanii from my big tank to bulk out the right hand side after revisiting my original plan drawing

Marsilea and hairgrass growing well, the latter spreading new runners all over the place.

The thing randomly plonked on the left temporarily is a tile covered in Fissidens

Day17.jpg

Jase said:
Update

Day 17 (Saturday)

We have new wood! JamesM and Saintly sorted me out with some nice Manzi wood pieces, which took between 24 and 36 hours to sink, this stuff is awesome - cheers fellas
You're welcome bud... you chose well too, looks ace :thumbup:

Jase said:
Update

Day 17 (Saturday)

Day17.jpg

Really like the wood positioning! really helps complete the scape. Are you planning to grow any mosses on it?
:thumbup:
Andyh

andyh said:
Really like the wood positioning! really helps complete the scape. Are you planning to grow any mosses on it?
Andyh

Hi Andy, thanks for your kind words. I'm unsure about mosses at the moment to be honest, I might have to use some because of the lack of planting to the left and middle. I have that Fissidens and also some Xmas Moss to try out, what do you reckon? Fissidens?

Re: Jase's 28l Long - MANZ GOT WOOD

AdAndrews said:
Thats awesome, be nice when it all grows, get everything flowing in one direction, a bit like a river :thumbup:

Thanks Ad :thumbup: It does flow like that now, I wish I had a HD video camera to show you. Becuase of where the filter outlet is and the shape of the tank, the flow circulates along the front across the right and then along the back to the filter inlet. It works really well except when the filter decides to blow out a little extra flow and blows a crater in the NS :lol:

Jase said:
AdAndrews said:
Thats awesome, be nice when it all grows, get everything flowing in one direction, a bit like a river :thumbup:

Thanks Ad :thumbup: It does flow like that now, I wish I had a HD video camera to show you. Becuase of where the filter outlet is and the shape of the tank, the flow circulates along the front across the right and then along the back to the filter inlet. It works really well except when the filter decides to blow out a little extra flow and blows a crater in the NS :lol:

:lol: Damn it Nature Soil!

After working with a fairly tall tank with the arc (compared to its length) I am very tempted to go with this type of set-up, it gives a different dimension.

good luck with it, :thumbup:

AdAndrews said:
:lol: Damn it Nature Soil!

After working with a fairly tall tank with the arc (compared to its length) I am very tempted to go with this type of set-up, it gives a different dimension.

good luck with it, :thumbup:

Ye I really like the unusual, if slightly mad dimensions of it. I'm finding the flow the hardest part of it, but this is because of the NS being moved away from the glass on the right. Also, if I lower the outlet, the rocks that retain the raised area, creates a vortex that swirls the sand around :crazy:

Jase said:
andyh said:
Andyh

Hi Andy, thanks for your kind words. I'm unsure about mosses at the moment to be honest, I might have to use some because of the lack of planting to the left and middle. I have that Fissidens and also some Xmas Moss to try out, what do you reckon? Fissidens?

I would go fissidens as its one of my favourite plants. Plus its leaf structure is small and would suit the size of your scape. I just lay it on the wood pieces and tie it on with cotton/fishing line. Its a slow grower but an excellent little plant.

Back