• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Jase's 28l Long/Shallow - "Attrition"

Re: Jase's 28l Long

SteveUK said:
Nice shots Jase :) That really is a mist. More and more tempted by one of these for my next setup.

Yep it really is great, I'll be ordering one for my big tank too :thumbup:

andyh said:
Jase

my secret for the photos is to take them once the co2 has stopped! ;)

:lol: Perhaps I'm too impatient

Update

Day 57

Purchased some new fish so gave the Red Eyes back to my dad.

I bought a group of 'Paraguay Tetras' Aphyocharax paraguayensis RUBBISH shoalers :lol: I waited for the CO2 to go off first Andy ;) :lol:

Fissidens from Paulo is looking good

ParaguayTetra.jpg

FissidensDay57.jpg

Day57.jpg

SteveUK said:
Hey Jase. Comming along nicely! Can't wait for it to fill in more :)

Cheers Steve, I've cheated a little...

Update

Day 59

My plan originally incorporated a Java Fern or two, so I raided my 125l for some nice small needle leaf :D Best thing I've done in this tank. Oh and I ripped the dirty Marsilea out. Tempted by Glosso as a replacement...

Day59.jpg

Very nice, Jase.

Hardscape is particularly strong. I almost think it may look better without the wood, and instead replacing it with a large piece of petrified wood to replace it as a focal point. For me it's at odds with the naturalistic style of remainder of the layout, as it look like it's 'out on a limb'.

However, once the moss has grown in and the base plants are mature, I'm sure the effect will be softened.

Keep up the good work!

George Farmer said:
Very nice, Jase.

Hardscape is particularly strong. I almost think it may look better without the wood, and instead replacing it with a large piece of petrified wood to replace it as a focal point. For me it's at odds with the naturalistic style of remainder of the layout, as it look like it's 'out on a limb'.

However, once the moss has grown in and the base plants are mature, I'm sure the effect will be softened.

Keep up the good work!

Hi George, thanks for your thoughts. I know what you mean about the solitary piece of wood I was thinking of naming the scape 'Lonely Branch' only yesterday :lol: I had planned on using three pieces of similar size but the two other pieces are smaller and are quite hidden. Perhaps changing the background to white would highlight the smaller branches below.

Plenty of time over the long weekend to tinker with the tank and possibly plant some more in right corner to fill it out

Jase said:
I was going to join the road trip but United-Chelsea is keeping me home
I did think about that also, but I it probably prevent me from having a heart attack! so TGM it is!! lol

Btw the tank is looking nice :) once the fissidens covers the wood a little more it will blend in nicely ;)

LondonDragon said:
Btw the tank is looking nice :) once the fissidens covers the wood a little more it will blend in nicely ;)

Thanks Paulo, the Fissdens is crdit to you, so healthy, and still got half of it left :lol:

George Farmer said:
I also think a white background, or no background with backlighting on a pale wall, would suit this nicely.

All the best for the weekend (football and aquascaping!)

I look forward to the progress. :D

My 125l has no background against the 'cappacino' coloured walls and it looks ok :? . This one has a radiator behind, hence the tshirt attached to the back :lol:

Day59Distant.jpg

That looks lovely Jase. I like the extensive exposed hardscape.

That really lifts the whole scape Jase! Everything pops better and the plants really stand out. Before, they were sort of sucked into the background and the hardscape dominated. Now it's a lot more balanced IMO :)

Back