• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

java fern leaves - translucent

Nick16

hi, the tips of my java fern leaves have no colour to them. They are translucent. What does this mean? what am i short of?

hi nick,
i think it's normal.my new leave's are all like it.see what other's say though.
neil

Translucency in fern tips are due to CO2 shortfall under high lighting. It's only "normal" in the sense that the amount of CO2 required to eliminate it is so absurdly high, it's easier to live with the translucency than to annihilate your fish.

Cheers,

right ok, must be down to the lighting. the leaves on it from when it was in my existing tank, low light, no co2, no ferts and no substrate! are nice and green! perhaps they go fully green as they mature.

Lastly, can anyone tell me what the little brown 'spots' or 'lumps' are under the leaves? i heard something about them being due to gasses or oxygen? how do you eliminate them to make the plant look better (if you can)

right i see, cheers the link helped.

yeah on some plants there are some baby plants forming on the end of the leaves.

Back