• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Java Fern Petite - Grey/Brown leaves

Suhayl

Seedling
Hi. I rescaped my tank recently and noticed that the Java Fern Petite started turning grey/brown. This plant has come from another tank so could it just be acclimatising to my tank parameters? Other plants that I have in the same tank with no deficiencies are: HC Cuba; Monte Carlo; Anubias Bonsai; Hygrophila Difformis. The tank is high tech with pressurised co2 injection.

IMG_20180116_173710.jpg

IMG_20180116_173908.jpg

Hello,
The fern needs to adjust to your lighting, which may be higher than what it saw in the previous tank and it needs to adjust to your CO2 which it may find to be lower in your tank than what it saw in the previous tan. It's always a good idea to float the new plant for a week or two to acclimatize it to the new conditions. In any case, you should remove the failing leaves and hopefully, you will see new growth coming in.

Cheers,

Any chance the java fern leaves dried out at all while you were transferring them, or during water changes ?

I've never had java fern melt between tanks nor do I float plants, preferring to get them situated as soon as possible

The plant was in perfect condition when received. I didn't notice any drying out or deficiencies. Guess I'll just remove the dying leaves and hopefully it will acclimatise. Thanks guys.

Back