• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Java moss

confusedman

Hello everyone
I am super new to this, so sorry if my question sound too basic.

I am looking for some Java moss but they don't have it in my local store.
I see that I can get it online from private sellers but I have no idea what I have to ask for.

I know that sometimes the adds mention 'algae or snail free"
I have no idea how much is a gram, so not a clue how much I need to cover a coconut shell (my tank is only a 54 litres so not much space)

Apart from these two points, anything else that I should enquiry about?

Thanks thanks thanks

Hi,

I'd aim for 5-10 grams. I've never weighed it so I could be getting ripped off but I think 10g would be more than enough to cover a coconut hide. Sometimes you also see it on mesh pads. I think something like a 4x4cm mesh pad would be fine. The good thing with moss is that it establishes quicker if you plant it thinly to begin with. So if you end up a little short it's not a problem and it'll soon grow in.
Some people don't like snails so that's why they mention that.

Hi @confusedman I have java moss you are very welcome to for the price of a stamp and small donation to the ukaps forum there will be more than enough to cover a coconut shell
Great. Happy to do the donation and pay for postage. Just let me study how the donation works. Ill PM you

Thanks!!

Back