• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

JB - 60P

The wood is back!

IMG_1482.jpeg

IMG_1483.jpeg

IMG_1484.jpeg

Trying out some steel pipes from Aquavitro.
New plants in this re-scape are
  • Cryptocoryne Balansae
  • Ludwigia Palustris
  • Fissidens Miroshaki

Little info on what’s in the cabinet.

Oase biomaster 350, bottom cage coarse foam, two middle trays have alphagrog in as media and the top tray is the standard orange oase fine foam. (Sometimes add a purigen bag but I can’t honestly say I’ve seen the difference it makes)

The pre filter has been drilled out to increase flow and I’m running fine (orange) pre filter sponges

Temp @ 23 degrees

CO2 is supplied by a 2.5kg extinguisher, GLA regulator and CO2 art inline diffuser. One bottle lasts roughly 8 months

Light and CO2 times are controlled by some smart plugs

3104E00A-38C2-4D7C-A417-BE219560B9B6.jpeg

C3BE318F-8396-4337-BE57-16C0C3759EC5.jpeg

More plant changes

Crypts in the front have been heavily thinned out. They never fail to return no matter how much you pull up!

Background has been replaced with
*Sagittaria Subulata
*Cyperus Helferi

IMG_3170.jpeg

IMG_3174.jpeg

Amano shrimp berried
IMG_3177.jpeg

By this point the 90p replacement/ upgrade has been Scaped and I’m now getting the itch to make the move.

However, the 60p continues to look great and is a breeze to maintain!

*Cyperus Helferi outgrew the tank and I wasn’t really enjoying the look

*Sagittaria Subulata is a great plant, needs thinning out bi-weekly, but even that’s easy as the leaves just pull out whole from the base.

Amano shrimp continue to throw soil onto the sand foreground. I’m pretty sure they get enjoyment from it.

86A3B21F-CB11-40B0-9DF9-8CD1DD939EB5.jpeg

AF445CAB-69A3-414A-9060-3C1B6213D8BA.jpeg

Love this journey tank looks great 😍 what percentage is your light as the hra before rescape looked lovely red

Love this journey tank looks great 😍 what percentage is your light as the hra before rescape looked lovely red
The original setup was run at 100% for 8 hours.

It’s currently at 100% for 6 hours as the new tank location is near a large window so gets a substantial amount of light from that aswell. I had it on 100% for a while but suffered a fair amount of green spot algae on the glass.

I also timed the light to come on early in the morning to more match the daylight hours through the window, I had previously had it on later so I could enjoy the tank lit up in the evening. ( I just turn the light on now when I want to enjoy it )

To answer your question with the Hra… it was 6 hours @ 100% topped up by sunlight.

Thanks @J-Bonham Brought out the hra lovely , tank looks great now and glad enjoying it, i miss the 60p size, a lot more manageable, larger tanks bring more possibilities but also more work 😅

Still ticking along…

I will be starting a journal for the 90p soon!

BF5CF6E5-1AB6-4060-A5FC-0D3B7FC7651D.jpeg

I have some really nice colouring on some of the pea puffs. Something I’ve not noticed before… Looks like something out of the movie Tron, or The Abyss.

CF6B5C51-4A38-497D-B075-C6076BAFAD39.jpeg

7A66575A-0C9E-4DFE-855B-F5C42C86F8C0.jpeg

Looks lovely! Very strange patterns on the puffer, almost looks like that parasite that tunnels right below the skin except this is not a parasite and not horrifying 😆

Looks lovely! Very strange patterns on the puffer, almost looks like that parasite that tunnels right below the skin except this is not a parasite and not horrifying 😆
It was a wtf moment when I spotted it. They are all pretty plump and lively so can’t be doing too badly.

Been reading the entire topic and you`ve made me jealous. :D

What inlet/outlet are you using? Are they ADA or something else?

Been reading the entire topic and you`ve made me jealous. :D

What inlet/outlet are you using? Are they ADA or something else?
Thanks, it’s been a great tank to learn the ropes on.

The inlet/outlet pipes are made by Aquavitro, purchased from @Scaped Nature in Norwich.

I highly recommend them, nice quality and I haven’t missed cleaning glassware that’s for sure! 🤣 I have modified the outlet a little because the jet was a little too intense and I wanted a bit more surface agitation. I’ll grab some pictures to show what I’ve done.

Back