• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

JBL 500gm Bottles

nrwatson said:
How long should these bottles last mine are lasting three weeks max
a 2kg bottle lasted 4 months on my tank, so on a rio 180 that sounds about right for a 500g bottle!

upgrade to a 2kg, when gas suppliers fill the bottles your not paying for the gas as such, more for the time of the guy filling it. MA have a policy of regardless of the size bottle its allaways £14 to fill it whether its 500g or 2/5kg. its way cheaper in the long run. for the price of one 2 kg bottle it would cost you 4 times as much for 500g

£14 for 2 kg bottle

to get the equivalent in a 500g bottle =4 x £14 =£56

yjats based on my MA store.

mark

which MA do you use Mark? do they all do it? I've been to The Duckeries, but haven't seen any evidence they do CO2 refills, I keep forgetting to ask :wideyed:

i use MA @ eastbridgford. its allaways been there policy, not sure about other branches though. it's saved me a fortune ;)

I use the disposable bottles on my Rio 180 and they last for about 3 months! If it's the disposable ones you're using then you can get them from here and these are high capcity bottles that contain 600g. If it's a refillable bottle then can you use a Fire Extinguisher?

Ed Seeley said:
If it's a refillable bottle then can you use a Fire Extinguisher?

re fillable bottles and disposable bottles are different threads i think. users must check before purchasing. i bought disposable when i first started using co2 and they were the wrong ones

mark

saintly said:
Ed Seeley said:
If it's a refillable bottle then can you use a Fire Extinguisher?

re fillable bottles and disposable bottles are different threads i think. users must check before purchasing. i bought disposable when i first started using co2 and they were the wrong ones

mark

I just wasn't sure as he just said 500g bottles and JBL make sets with both refillable and disposable 500g bottles! Thought I'd give him the link and he could see if they looked like those!

Disposable are much smaller threads than refillable, but I think some people found that some regs don't fit FEs very well either.

I agree an FE's the way to go if it's refillable and it'll fit his reg, that's why I said that!!! :D

No it is the reusable 500g JBL bottle
Yes all Maidenhead aquatics charge 15£ a bottle Or Iver does as well
Does the 2 KG bottle attach directly to the JBL regulator/solenoid
Thanks

£15 each + postage from Dan. And yup, I had to scrap plans for the 4ft tank going high tech because of the co2 usage. I have all the kit too :(

[edit to add] I'm going to try the other reg and solenoid this weekend to see if that one is any better on usage... if it is I'll replace the faulty one and all systems will be go again :D

Got to stay in the wife's good books with Christmas just around the corner :lol:

Back