• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

JBL aquadur stock solution, math help

Nick potts

Hey all.

I use jbl aquadur to remineralise my to water, it works great but can take a day or so to fully dissolve, so I thought I could maybe make a stock solution liquid that I could add to my water and get the right TDS straight away.

I don't really aim for a set kh/gh value, just a TDS value of 120.

Instructions for aquadur state "A measuring spoon (level, approx. 18.75 g) raises 100 l of water to 2.5 °d KH and 3.2 °d GH. The conductivity value is increased by approx. 210 µS/cm." which for me are almost perfect.

Math makes me cry and my head hurt, so hoping you clever lot can help, what would I need to add to say a 2ltr container and how much would I need to add to 20ltrs of water to reach the above 2.5dkh parameters?

I can post the composition of aquadur if that helps.

TIA

if it takes a day to dissolve then the solubility limit of the chemicals used is probably quite low. in that case i don't think a stock solution would be of much help.
you can mix some calcium chloride, magnesium sulphate and pottasium bicarbonate to make your own if you want. these chemicals have a much higher solubility rate.
though, if i were you i wouldn't add the pottasium bicarbonate aslong as you don't have alkaline preferring hardwater fish. because the pottasium bicarbonate salt adds A LOT of pottasium.

5 grams of calcium chloride dihydrate, and 6g of magnesium sulphate, will raise gh to 3.3 in 100l of water.

Last edited:
A clone solution would be
1640638347445.png

Although JBL Aquador must use Sodium Bicarbonate otherwise it it not possible to get a [K] of 5ppm, the 35ppm K stated above would only be in for 20Litre so when added to your 100litre tank it would increase the [K] 7ppm
JBL use Sodium Bicarbonate as it much cheaper, however we prefer to avoid adding extra sodium in our tanks. Plus the clone would be 7 times cheaper than JBL product as well

Using a 20ML dose is good to as if you increase your WC just add an extra 1.0ml per litre and your good
I wouldn't make 2000ml as its a long time before your use it all making 500ML stock is what I would advise - details below
1640638946325.png

@Zeus. very helpful.

I will order up the chemicals and start mixing my own, chances are i will be back with more questions :)

@Zeus. Where can i find the options to add container size and clone for the remin?

I have the remin option selected but i don't see the same as your screenshot

Thanks

1640698102219.png

@Zeus. Where can i find the options to add container size and clone for the remin?

I have the remin option selected but i don't see the same as your screenshot

Correct, the release version only does Dry salts in reminerilsing mode in the Target calculator and the DIY Calculator. It was a feature we didn't do. However I do have access to the pre- release ReminCalculator which does do stock remineriling solutions and more/better cloning of commercial products and a few more little features that suit reminerilsing better IMO. Unfortunately, due to moving house its been on the back burner a bit for me to finish, then hopefully I can get @Hanuman to work his final magic on it (or debug to his high standards). Plus Hani has been busy in 'real life' as well and it takes many many hours to check new sections that are fit for release, I'm sure he will give me a 'nudge' if/when he has time. ATM there is no date of release

If you are after a reminerlising solution doing just post it or pm me and I will sort it M8 ;)

Back