• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

JBL bottles?

hotweldfire said:
But the amount of oxygen in the tank will have dropped significantly. There's hardly any surface movement so the tank is reliant on plants for oxygen.
If that was the case most of us would be in trouble, hardly anyone uses air stones in their tanks.

I don't think I'm being very clear Paulo. Airstone is neither here nor there, I just keep it around for emergencies like this. O2 crash is, I think, down to the lights being off, therefore the plants not producing oxygen. Excess CO2 means fauna struggle to take up oxygen, even if there's enough there. However, if there isn't enough oxygen there then CO2 is irrelevant.

Hey dude, OH to have been at the LFS as a fly on the wall :lol: :lol: It happens to us all. I have gone into a shop before, with the "This rubbish is broken" line and been made to look totally daft. It's something that makes us human. Shame about the losses though, but I totally get what you are saying about the CO2/02 levels. I will bear it in mind if I ever need to do a blackout. I am sure you will have things rectified very quickly :thumbup:

hotweldfire said:
I don't think I'm being very clear Paulo. Airstone is neither here nor there, I just keep it around for emergencies like this. O2 crash is, I think, down to the lights being off, therefore the plants not producing oxygen. Excess CO2 means fauna struggle to take up oxygen, even if there's enough there. However, if there isn't enough oxygen there then CO2 is irrelevant.
Understood what you were trying to say, just find it hard to believe it was that, possibility. Have done black outs in the past without any issues.

Back