• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

JBl Co2 refill 2 kg stockists in Croydon

nigel bentley

Hi, having a problem sourcing 2kg Jbl co2 bottles. Local Maidenhead head aquatics seem to be often out of stock, although when I purchased bottle originally from them, they said there would be no issues. Wondered if anyone has other suggestions. I live in the Croydon area. Thanks. Nigel

Hi Nigel, I went through a similar thing with my CO2 journey and I'm in Coulsdon. Started with soda stream cylinders from Argos down the Purley Way but these were too small. Then I used JBL but these were even harder to source. Neither really worked for me so now I have a guy who delivers cylinders to my door from Crawley. He does a range of sizes - mine is a 3kg.

I paid a refundable deposit for the cylinder and now pay for the gas + delivery. If you want some extra details then just let me know.

Hi Tom, If you could give me the details please, this would be great for the future. Just did a 10 mile round trip and got home to realise MFA had sold me an empty bottle. Bit annoyed, but mistakes happen.

Thanks for your help Tom

Best wishes Nigel

Hi Tom, thanks so much, I will give them a try. I pay £38 for a 2 kg Bottle so the price you pay is much more economic. Plus the fact supply is better. Just one query, you mentioned drinks grade co2, is the same stuff. Please ignore my naivety. Thanks ae. Nigel

Co2 is Co2 there are no different grades of Co2.
What you pay for is the marketing & packaging. Aquarium products will always be the dearest. Then other hobbies home brew, hydroponics etc. And the cheapest will be industrial /large scale supplies BOC / welding etc and of course fire extinguishers.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is however a difference in the sense that drinks grade has to pass various tests to be defined as such rather than just used for industrial/welding purposes.
For aquarium use I guess it makes no difference. When I moved to CO2 I just went with what I could get hold of.

Nope its the container and equipnent thats fiod grade. Not the gas.

Hey guys I am in the same boat live in kenley. Can you please guys share the details of co2 vendor. Thanks, Arun

Hi Arun,
The number I have been given is for Paul at Affordable Gas Supplies based in Horley
His number is 07903-394524.I have spoken to him on phone and he is very helpful. Visiting him for the first time on Saturday. Iam going to take my original bottle to make sure the thread is the same. Think we will save a packet. All the best Nigel :)

If you aren’t sorted yet with your CO2 and Morden is not far I use Bottle Gas 194-196 Garth Road, Morden, SM4 4LU, They can refil your 2kg for £20. Give them a ring first as during lockdown their cylinder went out of date so we’re waiting for a new certificate on it. Should be up and running now though.

Back