• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Product Review JBL CristalProfi e1500 Review (Picture Heavy)

Also i need the bar to extend 70cm - i doubt the tetra does - so i'd need to buy 2 of them and add an extra section u see...

As the spray bar doesn't cover the full width of the Vision 180, I might block the holes up at the end of the spray bar (with some silicone) and drill some angled holes to point the water into the section not covered by the spray bar, if you get what I mean.

Not full pressure flow, but some flow at least.

It does appear I am getting water movement all around my tank at the moment, will monitor over next couple of days.

As someone else said the JBL spray bars are not the most "beautiful" and not easily hidden and I can see why people go to great effort making wonderful acrylic tube spray bars and intake pipes.

skeletonw00t said:
Also i need the bar to extend 70cm - i doubt the tetra does - so i'd need to buy 2 of them and add an extra section u see...

From memory it was damn near that. But I agree it is a bit expensive. You might find some used ones of course. Or you could make your own using clear acrylic pipe. Its always the case that when you need something, its expensive ! Look on ebay.de too as things are often cheaper on there and the postage is not very much.

I've emailed JBL to see if they have a spare section of spray bar that they could send.

How do you go about making your own? Is it not difficult?

I'm thinking of getting this for my Rio 125. The 900 doesn't put out the recommended 10x tank size L/H so it'll have to be 1500.

Just a couple of questions

Does the intake pipe and spray bar fit in the gap between the side of the tank and the hood covers or will i need to remove the two hood panels?

How often does the filter media need to be changed? My current rio internal filter recommends the pre filter paf to be changed every week, carbon once a month, nitrate every 2 months, then the bio pads 9 and 12 months. The media for the e1500 is quite expensive (ranging from £15-£20) so will i need to fork out on replacements every few months?

Thanks a lot for the thread by the way, it really helped in deciding which filter to choose

The 22mm intake and outtake pipes of the e1501 do just about fit into the rear cutouts of the Vision 180, might be similar size on Rio 125. Bit of a squeeze to get CO2 line, heater cable and light cable in as well.

The instruction manual, downloadable from, http://www.jbl.de/en, tells you recommended filter media wash time and replacement times. Basically rinse pads/filter media every 4-6 months, replace after 2-3 times or if falling apart, bit vague really, but I would just see how it goes.

I have used the same Juwel 180 filter sponges for years, every so often I thoroughly rinse one of the filter sponges in fish water and put back. Eventually, after a year or two they start to loose their "shape", so I replace. I regularly change the top layer floss and carbon pad (Ebay compatible purchase). What Juwel (and all other filter manufacturers) want you to do is not rinse, but throw away the "full" filter block and put in one of their expensive replacements, every couple of weeks.

i use 16/22 pipe on my 125 and it fits the cutouts no problems, can fit 2 on each side with room to spare

Just ordered some more JBL spray bars (£10) as the bars supplied with the e1501 don't go all the way across the back of my Vision 180 and it looks like some of the plants under where there is no spray bar are starting to suffer due to lack of water movement.

Sorry for the thread revival.

I wondered if any one had this filter, or the newer greenline in a Rio125 cabinet?

I really like the look of them but I don't want to order it and find it doesn't fit.

I am sure I could check the specs online, but I never find that approach very reliable, as it doesn't always take into account things like hinges getting in the way, or there not being enough space to manoeuvre pipes around

Aaron

Anyone got any videos on the e1501 or even the e1500? I want to see the flow from them and see how far they reach

I have an e1501 so might be able to do a video tomorrow. I have been playing with spray bars and lily pipes and the difference with them is massively different. I'm now using the nozzle that came with the filter over a lilly pipe as it moves more water!

I have an e1501 so might be able to do a video tomorrow. I have been playing with spray bars and lily pipes and the difference with them is massively different. I'm now using the nozzle that came with the filter over a lilly pipe as it moves more water!

That would be great as I think flow is more important than anything else in a filter and some I've tried are lacking even though they claim high turnover per hour

Right, they aren't great videos (iphone4) but should give you an idea of what it will be like. This is a JBL e1501 with a Hydor inline 300 heater.

The lily pipe appeared to be "weaker than the JBL supplied outlet so didn't bother recording it.

If you need anything else just ask!

Here are some videos of my JBL e1501 on my Vision 180 (180 litre) taken during water change day. Things to note..
  • The spray bar has been extended to the full length of the back.
  • I still use the internal filter.
  • I haven't cleaned the JBL e1501 for about 2 months, thus flow is not as great as when foams are washed.
  • I did wash the e1501 coarse foams (which were filthy...), but by the time I got to turning the e1501 back on the tank was full.
Above view

Side view

I'm greedy and have a matching pair of e1501 filters with spray bars which meet the full 4 feet of my 260 litre:)

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk 4

Back