• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

JBL in line Diffusor

TBRO

I got one of these and set it up on my external filter. The bubbles coming out look quit big to me? Is this normal? Drop checker still went green just like with the in-tank Diffusor

Sorry about the weird kids TV in the background!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The JBL inline atomisers are a little tricky IME I have two, but with the pressure I use them at nearly 50PSI and a very high BPS, I do get a lot of big bubbles but they both feed CO2 reactors so not an issue for me. I have read others have put another washer on inside and the larger bubbles go, But I am pretty sure JBL advise pressures of about 30psi which combined with a low BPS will yield less bigger bubbles OFC

How long have they been fitted as it can take a good 24hrs for them to work their best

Thanks for the advice.

I’m running it at about 32 psi. Quite a high bps.

Only been set up for 24 hours, so I’ll give it a bit longer to “bed in”

Do you think orientation is important? Currently off vertical

6cc0950387f9de5e4017baf34243bf7e.jpg

I sent a message to JBL about this. The response I got was that they don't produce a mist but very small bubbles and advised me to clean the diaghphram and put a working pressure of between 1 and 1.5. I did this but it didn't make a difference. They told me to take a picture to show them... I didn't bother in the end.

I’ve played around with working pressure and BPS but still getting “coarse” bubbles. Will probably contact them, if I can’t get it to work.

Anyone who has one that is working “properly” mind posting a vid, so I know what I’m aiming for? Thanks T

I’ve only been running mine for about a week. It does have a few big bubbles like yours but there are hundreds of smaller bubbles floating around the tank and my drop checker is going a lovely green/yellow.

I added an extra O ring in the top to compress the diffuser a little more. Not sure if it’s made a difference and the chamber does appear to fill with water when it’s off.

I can add a video if you think it’ll help.

Thanks a video would be helpful. Think I’ll take mine to pieces, see if something is leaking...

Tried adding another O ring but that just resulted in leaking. Put a new membrane in, think it looks better already (not had it’s 24 hrs bedding in yet). Still not the mist I was after but an improvement

Got one of these off Amazon at the weekend as it was the only one I could get to fit my 19/25 hoses. Set it all up today after leaving the membrane to soak for a few days and the bubbles are tiny. Far smaller than the bubbles produced by my Aquario neo diffuser I was running before. Not a mist like the up diffusers which ive owned before and didn't like but certainly small enough that you can only see them when you up close to the tank.

I’m still not totally happy with the size of the bubbles. A lot of big ones that must be just wasting CO2.

I was thinking of setting up one of the APS filter boosters as a CO2 reactor. I can see @Zeus uses bio-balls as media, is it the black plastic kind I need or the white ceramic kind? Thanks T

Back