• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

JBL or Dennerle co2 system

It looks like Dennerle has renewed their product line, though the Carbo Power E400 special edition looks a lot like the kit I have. I like it, but I have replaced some bits, I don't use the flipper and have another drop checker (though the one in the new kit looks nicer than in the old one). If you go for the more expensive version with the reusable bottle, I believe you get the adaptor too, which means you can use the regulator with both disposable and refillable bottles (you'll need different washers). I bought the adaptor separately.

I'd say if you have a cabinet where you can hide all the equipment then the Dennerle kits are good. My smaller tank has an open cabinet and the bottle doesn't even fit in, so it stands next to the tank and the CO2 Art regulator is more compact. Dennerle has the check valve and the solenoid separate from the regulator, and if you don't use the flipper you'll probably want a bubble counter too.

Back