• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

JBL or Dennerle co2 system

The dennerle bottles just look like you are paying over the odds for one of these:

I use these on my nano, get them home delivered
You can get a standard set up from co2 art or co2 supermarket, all you need additionally is the adapter which they also sell. Easy as pie.

You can get a standard set up from co2 art or co2 supermarket, all you need additionally is the adapter which they also sell. Easy as pie.
It appears that sellers are having problems getting supplies of JBL and Dennerle items due to due to import restrictions etc,so I'm thinking that it's not such a good idea, considering that 2kg fire extinguisher costs £25 brand new I'm beginning to think I'd be a bit of a fool not to choose this route.

Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced system for a 100 litre tank,oh and what do you do with the cylinders when they're empty?

2kg fire extinguisher costs £25 brand new I'm beginning to think I'd be a bit of a fool not to choose this route.
It's the only sensible way really.
Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced system for a 100 litre tank,
Check out Aquarium Gardens, any of the CO2 Art regs they have will be fine. Quality at a decent price, and fantastic sales and after sales service.
what do you do with the cylinders when they're empty?
If they're in date they can be refilled. If not trade them in or give them to your supplier to be recycled or reused.

Check out Aquarium Gardens, any of the CO2 Art regs they have will be fine. Quality at a decent price, and fantastic sales and after sales service.

If they're in date they can be refilled. If not trade them in or give them to your supplier to be recycled or reused.

Thanks for your advice, I'll have a look at co2art and co2 supermarket and see what the have to offer.

hi I wouldnt get a dennerle co2 kit if I was u I got one for my 60 litre cube and it struggled to send the drop checker green and that was full on , I had to buy a jbl kit and that is perfect but the dennerle co2 kits must be just for about 20 or 30 litres it just couldn't cope with 60

Hi Kevin,
I've noticed that a lot of my regular sites like Pro Shrimp have stopped selling German kits like Dennerle and JBL and it's because of import problems,so I'm going to get my stuff from either co2supermarket or co2art, can't make my mind up because they both have good and bad reviews.
Anyway thank you for replying to my post.

Hi Kevin,
I've noticed that a lot of my regular sites like Pro Shrimp have stopped selling German kits like Dennerle and JBL and it's because of import problems,so I'm going to get my stuff from either co2supermarket or co2art, can't make my mind up because they both have good and bad reviews.
Anyway thank you for replying to my post.
co2 supermarket is fine till you have a problem, I have found them to be rude and rather unhelpful.

co2 supermarket is fine till you have a problem, I have found them to be rude and rather unhelpful.
Nick,out of curiosity I went on the Trustpilot site to look at reviews of co2supermarket.co.uk and I was a bit shocked to see one of their replies to a negative review.

All I can say is that I would be reluctant to have dealings with anyone that could respond to a negative review in this manner,also I'm surprised that a site that praises themselves for honest reviews allowed this reply to be published.

Co2 supermarket is definitely off my buying list!!

Nope, prices are ok, but if you have a problem with some expensive item, they can make you crazy. About quality, last months I read a lot bad comments, maybe I'm not right.

I bought there elite regulator, because used 2 years pro-se and was happy with him. The elite was with fault valve from start, dropped bubble rate every day. I msg them and we started two weeks of conversation. They asked me a lot videos and pictures without to solve anything, no matter I said them what is the problem. At end I asked to return to them, but they stopped to reply to me. Good, I bought it via PayPal. Asked purchase protection from PayPal. After this they told to return the regulator and they will return the money. Ok , but next thing they will to return the regulator to their address in Ireland, no matter they ship to Europe from Germany. Now I wait a month till he arrive in Ireland, because shipping to Ireland is a hell now. So my drama is still not solved, but will someday. Meanwhile I sold my old pro-se just to be sure, won't have any problems with future guarantee.

I think it's wise to use PayPal for every purchase, I use PayPal and credit card for any expensive items.

I've read other reviews where they were asked to send videos of the fault so as their service department can see what the fault is but this isn't easy to do,hope all goes well for you.

I have both CO2 Art Pro-SE and the Dennerle Quantum 300 kit (with solenoid). They both have their pros and cons. The Pro-SE has been replaced due to leakage but works fine now. I find the Dennerle reg very sturdy, but mine came limited to 120 bubbles per minute. Apparently you can tweak it but wouldn’t know how, 120 bpm is just fine for my 175l with ferns (replaced the flipper with an inline diffuser). I run it with the adapter for reusable bottles (2 and 3 kg).

To clarify, 120 bpm is on a Dennerle bubble counter, those are quite large bubbles - there are loads more going through the counter of the inline diffuser.

Hi,
Just seen your post,do you like the Dennerle system?
The 500g cylinders are quite cheap to replace and there's no problem with the empty ones because they go straight into the recycling bin.
I think 2 bps would be ample for my 100l tank so I might look into this option because Dennerle have a good reputation and they've been around a long time.

Back