• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

JBL Permanent CO2 Test Kit

John S

OK, I have followed Cegs article here: http://www.ukaps.org/drop-checker.htm

The issue I have with my set up is after adding the reagent to the 4dkH solution the mixture is almost clear with just a blue tinge to it, it looks nothing like it does in various articles even if I add more srops. After a couple of hours the tinge disapears and it's almost water clear o_O

It does this whether the drop checker is in the tank or not. Is it possible that there is something wrong with the reagent?

Cheers,
John

I might be mistaken but as far as I know the new JBL test has an already mixed solution, no need to mix it further just fill the tester with it.

Hi John,
Bromothymol Blue is Bromothymol Blue. There is little difference in any of the brands, however it is possibly that your particular sample is tainted. Have you put any other chemical in the vial such as bleach or other cleaning products? If not then we have to assume a duff bottle of reagent so just replace it.

Cheers,

clonitza said:
I might be mistaken but as far as I know the new JBL test has an already mixed solution, no need to mix it further just fill the tester with it.
I think your right mate. :thumbup:
hoggie

Thanks for the responses guys.

Clonitza, I think you are on to something here. My drop checker was 2nd hand and I purchased refills. One store sold a 1 bottle refil kit for £7.99 that had red writing on it. A sencond store sold a two bottle kit for £7.99 which has a green label and writing on it and was the one I got - as shown in your link. So it looks like I didn't need to purchase the 4dkH solution.

The JBL instructions still refer to the older kit. Will give it a go and report back.

Thanks again.

Sorted. 2 hrs later my drop checker has gone from blue to a shade of green so I'm pointing in the right direction. Thanks again for the help. :thumbup:

Back