• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

jbl proflora direct atomizer users

Nigel95

Since a few days I am using the jbl proflora direct atomizer and I put the membrane before use 48 hours in water. So far I need more bps with my atomizer than I did before with my normal diffuser. I know the bubble counter is different but still the difference seems really big. Normally I needed 5-6 bps for a lime green drop checker now with my jbl proflora direct I have 8 bps and still having problems getting the drop checker lime green. The bubbles in tank don't seem really big so I have really no clue whats happening.I am using 2 bar which should be enough for this atomizer.

Any users did experience problems in the first weeks of using the jbl proflora direct?

I run an eheim skim 350 1 hour on/off could this be off gassing a lot of co2? So far I have read it doesn't but maybe other opinions about that.

jbl_pro_flora_direct_16_22.jpg

Hi Nigel, I've recently started using this instead of a bazooka, it definitely takes a few days to settle and my bubble count is a bit higher. I was a bit unsure initlly but it's a good product. Be sure to up your bubbles slow if your tank is stocked because mine went from blue/green to yellow quickly. I'm plant only at the minute so was not an issue.
There has beien a previous thread about it's use here.
I doubt your skimmer is the issue, only skims the surface.

Hi Nigel, I've recently started using this instead of a bazooka, it definitely takes a few days to settle and my bubble count is a bit higher. I was a bit unsure initlly but it's a good product. Be sure to up your bubbles slow if your tank is stocked because mine went from blue/green to yellow quickly. I'm plant only at the minute so was not an issue.
There has beien a previous thread about it's use here.
I doubt your skimmer is the issue, only skims the surface.

Is your bps 8+ in an ada 45p?

I just counted my bubble count on my 45p and it's 12 bubbles over 10 seconds.
What are you at over 10 seconds?
I'm assuming your count wasn't over a minute

I just counted my bubble count on my 45p and it's 12 bubbles over 10 seconds.
What are you at?

8 bubbles per Second. So 80 per 10 seconds. This doesn't feel right… Did you experience at the start that you needed more bps to get the drop checker lime green?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

On my 500l tank with twin JBL inline atomisers the BBS is so fast you cant count it. Will do a little vid.

The bubbles are bigger but I have mine fitted to two APS filter boosters with bio Balls DIY reactors and not a bubble in sight

upload_2017-9-4_17-8-7.png

On my 500l tank with twin JBL inline atomisers the BBS is so fast you cant count it. Will do a little vid.

The bubbles are bigger but I have mine fitted to two APS filter boosters with bio Balls DIY reactors and not a bubble in sight

View attachment 109946

I see tons of Tiny bubbles in my tank. But I only have a 128l tank so the system seems broken with such a high bps and barely lime green drop checker at the end of my photoperiod.
IMG_5776.JPG

If you equate my 45 tank to your 128l your round about double my bubble rate, not massively excessive is it?
What I do notice with this diffuser is bubbles seem to rest just under the surface, never seen the like with in tank diffuser.

If you equate my 45 tank to your 128l your round about double my bubble rate, not massively excessive is it?
What I do notice with this diffuser is bubbles seem to rest just under the surface, never seen the like with in tank diffuser.

Hmm I thought this atomizers were really efficient in co2 usage. Your right the bubbles seem to chill at the surface.

Something is wrong with that... In my 90x45x45 I had 3 bobbles and drop was lime green. If I use 4 bobbles will turn yellow.
You sure your drop is right?

Yeah I refreshed the liquid in drop check and still same.… what the heck could be wrong. I have no idea.

Did your jbl did fine from day 1?

I had to return the first as it leaked, the second also leaked so I sealed the leaky seal with cement , the third had a different seal and was fine. Worked fine pretty quick with a presoak 24-36 hours. I would turn the skimmer off during CO2 period. Also the JBL lowers the pH faster than the UP inline atomisers that I have and lower working pressure too, that my explain why you need a higher BBS with the JBL IMO, so if it does have a lower internal pressure the bubbles will be less compressed.
The BBS is only a indication of the flow rate and helps fine adjustment I wouldn't advise comparing the BBS rate of one atomiser with another. Weighing the Gas bottles over time is a more reliable way to the actual gas used. Read somewhere that to use CO2 to its full advantage we should think the CO2 is free - only then will we use it to its full advantage, I have to agree :thumbup:

Yeah I refreshed the liquid in drop check and still same.… what the heck could be wrong. I have no idea.

Did your jbl did fine from day 1?

I think so, i dont remember. If you can try do reduce the pressure to 1bar. And do a test, maybe theres a leek. Spray some dishwash detergent with water on it and see if you get bobbles. Maybe the co2 is leeking by the chamber.

Atm I have this running and I must say that it has the smaller bobbles of all difusers I had (doaqua, jbl proflora direct, neo). Works perfectly and by a fraction of the price (11.78€ at my doorstep).

s-l1600.jpg

Link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/12mm-16mm-A...var=485208361656&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Another way to know if the JBL is leaking is does it fill with water during non CO2 period. Both mine do, esp if on the return line from the filter/pump. If it leaks water to seal is no good OFC. Did have it on the inlet to the filter then it was drawing air and getting bubbles in the return tubing and the JBL chambers had no water in them.

But testing with soap water during CO2 injection is always a good idea IMO

Another way to know if the JBL is leaking is does it fill with water during non CO2 period. Both mine do, esp if on the return line from the filter/pump. If it leaks water to seal is no good OFC. Did have it on the inlet to the filter then it was drawing air and getting bubbles in the return tubing and the JBL chambers had no water in them.

But testing with soap water during CO2 injection is always a good idea IMO

What chamber do you mean exactly. Above the bubble counter? How much bar do you run it ?

Back