• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

jbl proflora direct atomizer users

Hi, I'm new to the whole CO2 thing so I'm not sure if this is a really simple issue or not. I've bought a JBL inline diffuser and it fills up with water when the CO2 is off, when it turns back on again the bubbles just don't come through unless I turn the CO2 on full blast, I've tried waiting for pressure to build for an hour or two, I've checked for leaks too. Could it be that my CO2 system just doesn't produce enough pressure? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yes I have one connected between the JBL and the regulator. I've test to see if the check valve is stopping the CO2 by immersing it in a cup of water but it's not. Doesn't the JBL diffuser also have a check valve at its base? By regulator is the nano regulator from Co2 supermarket:

https://www.co2supermarket.co.uk/co2-regulators-nano-co2-regulators-gsc96.html

I have the pressure at 3... But I'm not sure what this means or does.

So I tried to leave it on for about three hours to see if the pressure could build up enough to force through the CO2, still nothing so I tried again to see if there were any leaks, and I found one on the return valve! So it's working now. I have noticed as mentioned by others that the bubbles aren't that small but imI happy for now that at least it's working.

I’ve had one of these JBL pro flora for a while now and while it did a decent job of enfusing the water with co2, it did seem like there were lots of big bubbles coming out of the filter outlet. I’d see them popping at the surface so I knew there was gas being wasted. I found mine was also leaking so bought 140 washers from Toolstation for £2 and popped one in to take up the slack between the ceramic defuser. The result is much, much better as I’m now getting tiny bubbles and no popping at the surface! I’ll need to keep an eye on the drop as I’m sure I’ve just improved efficiency by a good amount.

Not to mention I also cleaned my filter and pipe work and while there found the impeller was filthy. I cleaned it and then realised the open/close valve was faulty too so I used a screwdriver to open up the filter inlet fully and reinstalled. The result was about a 50% increase in flow! I think my SunSun canister has also been like this and I’ve just accepted it was a little weak. So glad I spotted it as I now have so much flow that I’ve removed my wave maker!

Quite a productive cleaning session
Hi Frank could you please share the size and type of the washers?thanks

I see that this is an old topic,
Wanted to share my solution with this atomizer, just finished my struggle with it.

I have glued ceramic to the rubber seals with a super glue.
Don’t know why JBL didn’t glue this parts really, because ceramic is porous and u cannot just put the rubber on it and job done. Look bazooka intank atomizer for example, similar method.

Mine is now working perfect, fine mist in aquarium instead off those bubbles which just didn’t serve the purpose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old post revival!

So I have the JBL inline diffuser.. As mentioned above when the co2 goes on bubbles are either non existant or like one per minute.. What I end up doing is releasing a bit the white screw of the co2 pipe going into the diffuser. As soon as I open it a bit then the valve opens and millions of bubbles pass through.. I dont know if its damaged or its something that can be fixed. If not then Ill go buy a new one.. Any one who had this issue?

I have attached the pic. Can advise add additional o ring to which position? 1 , 2 or 3?
Have you managed to do this? I tried to add a second O ring and it doesnt close. If you managed do you have the thickness of the ring?

I found out that the bottom chamber has a design fault and needs to be fitted with an extra seal to make a tight connection.If you do this.then this inline diffuser will produce tiny bubbles like a CHAMP .the cheramic champer must NOT fill with water when co2 is off!

Sendt fra min EVA-L09 med Tapatalk
Hi there so you added a seal on both ends? I did do yest and then the screw cap didnt close.. Do you have the size of the new O rings? Did you add an extra one on each side or just got a thicker one?

HI,

I have also a proflora direct 16/22. And 6 months later I figure how to have a good mist, and is just add an extra o-ring on bottom of the atomizer.
Before I had big bubbles coming out from outlet flow.
Water returning back, mine return a little bit (4cm of air pipe) but after that I have 2 check valves, so no problem with that.

PS: With the extra o-ring on bottom of the atomizer produce a very fine CO2 mist, I didn't believe it was possible with this one, I was planning to buy another one.

Regards

I see that this is an old topic,
Wanted to share my solution with this atomizer, just finished my struggle with it.

I have glued ceramic to the rubber seals with a super glue.
Don’t know why JBL didn’t glue this parts really, because ceramic is porous and u cannot just put the rubber on it and job done. Look bazooka intank atomizer for example, similar method.

Mine is now working perfect, fine mist in aquarium instead off those bubbles which just didn’t serve the purpose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the tip Nikola, gluing the ceramic to the O- rings worked like a charm for me. Now I am able to get a good CO2 mist throughout my tank and the big bubbles had gone off completely.

I'm glad that it helped you, I'm still using it with no problems at all
Cheers

Sent from my STK-L21 using Tapatalk

I went one better and now use mine with an All Pond Solutions prefilter. Im running the outlet of my SunSun canister with inline Co2 atomiser to the top entrance so that the Co2 naturally rises against the flow. It's half filled with bio balls and a fine sponge before the bottom outflow. I get practically zero Co2 bubbles from my spray bar. The plants pearl like mad but I've not adjusted for the efficiency gain. Livestock seem fine so win/win. 4bps on the JBL counter on a 155L cube

Back