• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

JBL Reg

G H Nelson

Global Moderator
UKAPS Team
Hi Planters
I have a purchased a new regulator a ProFlora m001 a few weeks back.
It may have a fault I hope someone can help me out.The Indicators read 50 and 2 and a half when on the cylinder.
Is this correct I thought it should be about 50 and 1 and a half.
I tried setting it up on a 500gram bottle but the needle valve has no effect on the regulator. Its very easy to turn.I don't want to mess about with it, if its faulty.
Also the 2 indicators read 0 the left side and 2 on the right when i have taken it off the cylinder,the right seems to be falling though.
This don't seem right to me.
Help would be appreciated.
Happy New Year all.
hoggie

hogan53 said:
Hi Planters
I have a purchased a new regulator a ProFlora m001 a few weeks back.
It may have a fault I hope someone can help me out.The Indicators read 50 and 2 and a half when on the cylinder.
Is this correct I thought it should be about 50 and 1 and a half.
I tried setting it up on a 500gram bottle but the needle valve has no effect on the regulator. Its very easy to turn.I don't want to mess about with it, if its faulty.
Also the 2 indicators read 0 the left side and 2 on the right when i have taken it off the cylinder,the right seems to be falling though.
This don't seem right to me.
Help would be appreciated.
Happy New Year all.
hoggie

Hoggie
Two guages on the regulator: Left hand gauge gives you bottle pressure so the 50 bar which is bar is correct for a full bottle, the right and guage gives you line pressure to the diffuser etc, now - with the needle valve completely screwed in you will acheive the reading you are seeing 2.5 bar (low pressure) for a full bottle, if you undo the screw the low pressure line will drop (reduction in bar). the more you unscrew the needle valve the low the line pressure will be and the more bps will be achieved. When I put my regulator on a full bottle I get about 55 bar (bottle pressure) and with my solenoid valve closed I get about 3.0 bar, with the solenoid valve open it reads about 1.0 bar, so the reading you are seeing are o.k.
Regards
paul.

Hi Paul
Thanks for the information.I will have another go at setting it up again tomorrow.
That's a relief i thought i had busted it.Just one more question.
Should the right hand gauge not fall back to zero when its taken off the cylinder.
hoggie

hogan53 said:
Hi Paul
Thanks for the information.I will have another go at setting it up again tomorrow.
That's a relief i thought i had busted it.Just one more question.
Should the right hand gauge not fall back to zero when its taken off the cylinder.
hoggie

Yes

Paul.

N.B Prior to removing the reg make sure all the gas is out of the reg of which you can by unscrewing the needle valve, if there is any gas trapped between the bottle shut of valve and the needle valve ie within the reg - as you remove the reg from the bottle it will damage the "O" ring - the gas will expand and burn the "O" ring.

Hi Paul
I had another go today,the readings are correct as you said,tried opening the needle valve nothing.
Checked the solenoid with a Dennerle regulator that's okay.
Took the needle valve out the JBL no Co2 was released? Only when i take the reg off the cylinder the Co2 is expelled from the reg as expected.Do you think i can repair it?Should i send it back to JBL for repair?
I think its had it,what do you think.Most annoying haven't even used it yet.
Thanks for the help.
hoggie

hogan53 said:
Hi Paul
I had another go today,the readings are correct as you said,tried opening the needle valve nothing.
Checked the solenoid with a Dennerle regulator that's okay.
Took the needle valve out the JBL no Co2 was released? Only when i take the reg off the cylinder the Co2 is expelled from the reg as expected.Do you think i can repair it?Should i send it back to JBL for repair?
I think its had it,what do you think.Most annoying haven't even used it yet.
Thanks for the help.
hoggie

Hoggie

You will have to contact JBL and they will advise you to send it back and they will send you a replacement. I will PM some details of who to contact. DO NOT attempt to repair it yourself.

Paul

Back