• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Jbl regulator

mdhardy01

Just a quickie from a newbie
a bit like the d-d regulator question will the jbl regulator work on
a 2kg fe with the d-d convertor? And will I still need the convertor
if I'm already using jbls refilable 500g bottles?

Many thanks in advance

mdhardy01 said:
Just a quickie from a newbie
a bit like the d-d regulator question will the jbl regulator work on
a 2kg fe with the d-d convertor? And will I still need the convertor
if I'm already using jbls refilable 500g bottles?

Many thanks in advance

A jbl regulator will work on an F.E and any other Co2 bottle eg JBL, Dennerle. No adaptor is required.

JBL reg on a Dennerle 500g bottle with a JBL isolation tap guard.
DSC_0005.jpg

JBL reg on JBL 2 kg bottle
DSC_0008.jpg

JBL reg on a F.E
JBLReg.jpg

Regards
Paul

Many thanks for the fast reply

Sorry to be stupid but is it the same reg as you get in
the jbl sets?

Do you know if there is any way of turning
up the output pressure on this reg?

mdhardy01 said:

The output pressure can be altered by rotating the adjustment screw, rotate the screw clockwise (winding the screw in) will increase the pressure at the gauge (right hand side gauge) which will decrease the line pressure - less bps, rotate the screw anti clockwise decrease the gauge pressure which will increase the line pressure - more bps. All the screws does is to allow you to increase / decrease the amount of bps. The screw in question is circled in red on the attached picy.

DSC_0008-2.jpg

Regards
Paul.

mdhardy01 said:
The low side pressure on JBL and many other aquarium regulator combos is fixed inside and cannot be changed. The only adjustment you can make is with the needle valve, that has been circled in the previous post, to change the bubble rate.

Why do you want to change it? The setting it's at should be fine for aquarium use.

James

JamesC said:
mdhardy01 said:
The low side pressure on JBL and many other aquarium regulator combos is fixed inside and cannot be changed. The only adjustment you can make is with the needle valve, that has been circled in the previous post, to change the bubble rate.

Why do you want to change it? The setting it's at should be fine for aquarium use.

James

James

To use some of the in-line co2 diffusers you have to increase the working pressure from 1.5bar to approx 1.7bar, other wise the gas doesn't pass through the ceramic tube. The later JBL units have allen/hex key adjustment on them. The 1.5bar is fine for your typical glass/ceramic in tank diffusers

Looking at the comments mdhardy, you may struggle as it appears you have a set of gauges with a fixed working pressure.

Andyh :thumbup:

andyh said:
James

To use some of the in-line co2 diffusers you have to increase the working pressure from 1.5bar to approx 1.7bar, other wise the gas doesn't pass through the ceramic tube. The later JBL units have allen/hex key adjustment on them. The 15.bar is fine for your typical glass/ceramic in tank diffusers
Ah, learn something (or two) everyday. I had the older JBL reg that had no adjustment and the pressure was set around 1.2 Bar.

James

Flyfisherman said:
mdhardy01 said:

The output pressure can be altered by rotating the adjustment screw, rotate the screw clockwise (winding the screw in) will increase the pressure at the gauge (right hand side gauge) which will decrease the line pressure - less bps but the right hand gauge will show a high pressure , rotate the screw anti clockwise decrease the gauge pressure which will increase the line pressure - more bps but the gauge will show a lesser pressure . All the screws does is to allow you to increase / decrease the amount of bps. The screw in question is circled in red on the attached picy.

The purpose of the needle valve is to restrict the volume of low pressure travelling down the Co2 tubing - the more restriction at the needle value a higher low pressure will be seen on the gauge.

E.g 6 bps may show a gauge pressure (right hand dial) of 1.0 bar, 2 bps may show a gauge pressure of 2.0 bar (right hand dial)

DSC_0008-2.jpg

Regards
Paul.

After reading the thread replies additional information added to the above statement - this is in "RED" text

The reason I was asking is that I have the up-aqua inline
diffuser and had heard that the pressure needed to be higher
however after running it for a week all seems to be ok

thanks for all the replys however
matt

Update
ran the up - aqua for about 3 weeks after this time I found I needed
the needle valve almost fully open to acheive 1 bps not enough
for a 600l tank! Have now gone over to the new sera external
reactor from TGM and have now regained full control.
Many thanks for everyones help
matt

Back