• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

JBL v002 losing pressure

Palmer92

Hi all,

Hoping one of you may be able to help.

I bought a CO2 unit off of ebay as I haven't used one before so wanted to see if they would work for me or not. Unfortunately it seems to be going through gas very quickly. The tank is around 350 ltrs and I have used 2 bottles in about 12 days. The drop checker was green so not injecting to much and bubble checker said I was using about 1 bubble per second.

I have watched some tutorials on youtube so tried spraying washing liquid and water onto all the joints but no bubbles seem to be coming out. Also I changed the O rings too.

Has anyone had this problem before?

Thanks in advance!

Hi
You don't say what size the cylinders you have used up?
If the working pressure needle is pulsating or moving slightly up and down you have a leak in the Co2 tubing line.

Hi,
Are you sure your bubble counter is working OK mate? The fact you are achieving a green DC, in a 350 litre tank at one bubble per second just doesn't seem right.
My tank is 450 litres and the bubbles are so fast to achieve what is required, I cannot count them.
I was wondering if you are injecting far more co2 than you think, whence the gas running out.
Just a thought, but hope you sort it.

Hi all,

I lost this thread and thought it had been taken down :s. The cylinder is the m500 jbl so not a big tank.

I noticed that the Fluval drop checker is very unclear and the liquid was more blue than green.

Thought I had fixed it but the problem persists. I can't see any leaks, but I have noticed my bubble counter seems to lose the water out of it. The working pressure is also set at 1.8 could that be the problem?

How could I tell if there is to much co2 going into the tank. The drop checker is staying bluish green and fish arent gasping.

Thanks in advance.

Back