• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Jenny Wren shot

John Starkey

Hi all,i have been after one of these elusive little birds for some time,today i spent four hours trying to get just one shot,these little fellows do not sit still for a split second,the lighting was very poor and it was peeing down this afternoon,
hope you like it,regards,john.

_MG_3413.jpg

Flyfisherman said:
John

The "Bird Man of Worcester" strikes again.

Superb matey

Regards
Paul.

Thanks paul,if i knew how to clone out the wire i think the shot would look even better,
regards,
john.

saintly said:
hope you dont mind John :oops: , try the heal tool instead...30 second job.

heal.jpg

Cheers Mark 100% better,i use lightroom but i have loads to learn on it and its not easy at my age,what software did you use ?,
regards,john.

Aren`t Wrens notoriously difficult to photograph, John?

Dave.

Dave Spencer said:
Aren`t Wrens notoriously difficult to photograph, John?

Dave.

You are not kidding Dave,the size alone makes it hard,then you have the issue of the fact they do not stay still for a micro second,i like the challenge though,
cheers Dave.

Hey John,
Just my opinion mate but that poo/algae stained tree stump doesn't really add anything to the scene and is actually detrimental because the white stain draws the observers attention away from the rest of the subject. I'd crop it all out, right down to the bird's toes mate. I suppose you could use the clone tool or some other dodge/burn technique.

Cheers,

Hi Clive,hope your well mate,i personally think the poo adds realism/natural perspective to the shot,may not be to everyones taste then that what makes us all different,
thanks for looking Clive,
regards,
John.

Back