• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Jersey - Rock formation pics

Tony Swinney

Hi

I've just had a great little break on Jersey, and shot a few snaps of some of the fantastic scenery around the coast - thought you guys might appreciate the rock formations, beaches and rockpools :D

Theres another 30 or so pics like these here too:

http://www.mustardpost.com/UKAPS_Landscapes/

ukaps_1.jpg

ukaps_2.jpg

ukaps_3.jpg

ukaps_4.jpg

ukaps_5.jpg

LondonDragon said:
Is it possible to go there by ferry on a car?? :lol: :rolleyes:

Yes, but customs are keen. Once spent 2 hours on dockside whilst they emptied vehicle, every bag, case, box onto hte tarmac whilst checking for contraband.

milla said:
LondonDragon said:
Is it possible to go there by ferry on a car?? :lol: :rolleyes:

Yes, but customs are keen. Once spent 2 hours on dockside whilst they emptied vehicle, every bag, case, box onto hte tarmac whilst checking for contraband.

lol. I remember going on a student weekend to Amsterdam (many moons ago ;) ) and the coach being searched en masse.

I can just picture the same thing with a UKAPS trip to jersey except the contraband is moss and stones :lol: :lol:

EDIT - fantastic pics. I'll check out the rest of the gallery in a quiet minute soon... :)

Re: Jersey - Rock formation pics (more added)

Dan Crawford said:
Really impressive Tony, no wonder you tried to smuggle some home :lol:

haha ! I think I just about got enough through for my nano :lol:

I've been editing the pics today (shot over 1200 through the week :wideyed: ) and working on the ones I might use, so here's a few more water based ones (to keep on the Ukaps theme vaguely !).

Tony

ukaps_6.jpg

ukaps_7.jpg

ukaps_8.jpg

ukaps_9.jpg

Love the work Tony, really nice abstract style of nature, all of which I love.

What kind of process are you going through 1,taking the picture and 2,post picture processing? Im aware of your background, which says a lot about how good your photography.

Where about did you stay? Jursy is a hell of a distance from the north west, but for a week its doable. I looks like the med, its great. Inspirational.

Cheers.

Graeme Edwards said:
Love the work Tony, really nice abstract style of nature, all of which I love.

What kind of process are you going through 1,taking the picture and 2,post picture processing? Im aware of your background, which says a lot about how good your photography.

Where about did you stay? Jursy is a hell of a distance from the north west, but for a week its doable. I looks like the med, its great. Inspirational.

Thanks Graeme. I'd really recommend Jersey, though it was made all the better for having great weather all week ! Its only a 50 min flight from Gatwick, and there are definitely flights from Manchester too. Being only 13 miles x 5 miles you can get around it dead easy - I'd love to go back with the mountain bike for a few days, as there are great cliff paths and cycle routes too. Due to the occupation of the island by the Nazis in WWII there are lots of bunkers, tunnels, lookouts and gun emplacements all over the place too, some of which you can go into.

As for the photography, I use a D3X and shoot handheld until I see something really nice when I'll use the tripod and shoot 5 stop brackets so i can HDR it if needed. I shoot Raw & jpeg simultaneously so I can quickly go through the jpegs and play with colours / contrast / grading at lo-res on the laptop to make the initial edit.

Once I'm back to base I edit a bit further then process the chosen Raw files in 16 bit at 100% in Adobe Raw, then upsize to 124% in PS. This gives me a nice big file which I can use for pretty much anything. It really depends on the image content as to how much I use the 16 bit files, or HDR. At the end of the process they have to go to 8 bit for print anyway.

Hope that helps

Tony

Back