• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Johan's 30C - Ryū no yama

JEK

Hi,
I'm going to start my my little cube again.

Specifications:

Aquarium: 30x30x30 cm
Lighting: Aquatic nature solar boy duo 26 W
Filter:Eden 501
Heating: Jäger 25 W
CO2: Easycarbo
Nutrition: TPN+
Substrate: Seachem Flourish Black
Hardscape: Red moor wood and/or dragon stone. Or branch wood and Okho stone i ADA language. ;)

Plants:

Depending on layout

Fish/invertebrates:

Depending on layout.

Have been playing with the hardscape today, IMO one of the best parts of the hobby. :D
The layouts were made rather quick, so all of them will of course need adjustments...
The pics were taken rather quick too, so the quality aren't so good...

PICT0108.JPG

You haven't seen anything like this before, have you? I really like this layout. It fits the shape of the tank very well and I think it could look awesome with eleocharis parvula or glosso and riccia as carpet, a little moss on the rocks and eleocharis as background.

PICT0111.JPG

It think the main stone and the one leaning on it should be moved a little bit to the left. Plants would be the same as above.

PICT0107.JPG

Well, I don't really know what i think about this one. Maybe it will look better if the he angles of the rocks were adjusted a bit, to create more tension.

PICT0104.JPG

Just a simple sanzon iwagumi, but i think it to bulky and compact. Quite diffucult to make iwagumis in a cube... Maybe it will look betten when planted..?

PICT0100.JPG

Also a sanzon iwagumi. Think I like this better than the other one. But I'm not sure if the rocks are big enough...

PICT0097.JPG

My favorite!! I'll name it "molehill". Plants: none. :D

PICT0116.JPG

This was my initial idea, before I started playing with iwagumi layouts. Plants would be something like bolbitis, moss and Cryptocoryne parva in the midground, glosso or hc in the foreground and blyxa or stemmed plants like M. umbrosum and rotala in the background.

Comments and suggestions on the 'scapes are very, very welcome. :D

Re: Johan's 30 cm cube

thanks, I hope so.:)

Really interesting pieces of wood. Its going to look great.

Thank you!

The rest of the stuff I've ordered should arrive in a few days, so it won't take long before I can begin to 'scape it. :D

Hi Johan,good luck with the setup,its of a size i am going to be doing more of,

regards,
john.

john starkey said:
Hi Johan,good luck with the setup,its of a size i am going to be doing more of,

regards,
john.

Thanks, John.
I'ts quite a challenge to make a good scape in a cube.

Re: Johan's 30 cm cube - Updated with more pics!

Updated with hardscape pics.:) (See the first post)

The second and third are doing it for me just because they're unusual and dynamic. I also like the third (the Sanzon). The wood layout is still nice but seems rather 'safe'. Keep up the good work!

Thanks for your comment, NielW! Your right about the wood layout...

What about this sanzon iwagumi?
PICT0003.JPG

Very nice indeed, I think that would be great with just one species of carpeting plant or moss/Riccia stones. Less can be more!

NeilW said:
Very nice indeed, I think that would be great with just one species of carpeting plant or moss/Riccia stones. Less can be more!

Absolutely. I was thinking of HC and riccia or moss around the rocks and eleocharis sp. or blyxa as background plant...
Just a little afraid that the stones might be too small for the tank... Whats your opinion on that?

Or maybe i should just stick with my first idea with the wood... After all, I think that 'scape will fit the tank dimensions best.
I need more tanks! NOW! :lol:

Thanks for your comment, Sam.
I think the choice is between the last layout (iwagumi) og the wood layout. It's really hard to decide...

I'd go for the last layout too... fits the tank nicely, be gorgeous with HC carpet, maybe a little Staurogyne... but that's because it's currently my favourite plant. Not that I've grown any yet - tho' just planted some... :)

I, too, need more tanks... nobody mentioned this was quite so addictive...

have fun

m

Thanks, magpie.:) Yes, it's a very addictive hobby. Staurogyne is a very nice plant indeed.
Cherryshrimp2.jpg

The decision is made - it will be this one:
PICT0003.JPG

I've named the scape "Ryū no yama". It means mountains of dragons in japanese.

Back