• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

John starkey 450lts 112g journal new pics 10/5/2009

Re: John starkey 450lts 112g journal new pics added today 30/3/

Hi lisa,what a lovely surprise to here from you again,you know you are always welcome to come to our place,ann would love to see again too.thanks for the nice comments,
Take care john x

Yeah I'm ok cheers, just really busy finishing my degree (26 days to go). Things aren't much better at the moment, but they soon will be!

John - I'll hold you to that, I want to take my sister to see the blue planet... I'll have to pop in for a cuppa ;)

Sure thing lisa just give me some notice so we can be at home for you,

take care john.

Lisa_Perry75 said:
Yeah I'm ok cheers, just really busy finishing my degree (26 days to go). Things aren't much better at the moment, but they soon will be!

John - I'll hold you to that, I want to take my sister to see the blue planet... I'll have to pop in for a cuppa ;)

If your up that way, pop into the green machine for a brew and say hello. :D

Hi all,today I am doing a bit of a rescape, out goes the rotala,and the ludwigia repens,all given away free as usual,
I will be adding 4 pots of cyprus helferi,2 pots of didiplis diandra,2 pots (maybe)of h micanthramoides,I will try and take pics as I go but I am very messy when I redo things :lol: ,
Regards john.
Ps I will adding p,stellata next weekend after my visit to Tgm.

Sounds good to me John, it always pains me that I never get to see your tanks in the flesh!

Hi garuf,you are welcome to my gaff anytime dude as any member of our society is,you could get the train here no prob the wife will feed you,regards john

Love the staurogynes carpet :D , somthing I'll have to give a go sometime. Did it come emergant ? If so, does it take a long time to change into submerged growth ?

TBRO said:
Love the staurogynes carpet :D , somthing I'll have to give a go sometime. Did it come emergant ? If so, does it take a long time to change into submerged growth ?

Hi Tbro,it came in pots,only joking mate,it came from tgm and they keep their plants in purpose built tanks with lighting and co2 injection thats why they are top quality,
regards john.

Re: John starkey 450lts 112g journal new pics 10/5/09

Hi All,i have sorted out photo bucket so here are few pics of my mini rescape at the rear ot the tank,as you know this tank is only a learning tank so no real shape to it,maybe when i do a complete strip down (if i dont sell it in twelve months time)i my take on a proper job,

P1010299.jpg

Didiplis diandra
P1010297.jpg

cyprus helferi
P1010295.jpg

H micranthemoides on the right of tray
P1010292.jpg

P1010293.jpg

P1010300.jpg

regards john.

Hi samc that is didipli in front of Cyprus h,it should look ok once it gets going,all the plants were top notch loads in each pot as you can see,I won't be giving up the hobby if sell the big setup,im just thinking of down sizeing as it's hard work at my age (54) doing a tank of this size.I have two other tanks waiting to be setup which I will be doing in early June.
Regards john

Superman said:
I was amazed when I saw your setup John.
I don't know how you have the time to look after it.
I do sense slight movement into smaller setups but having a few of them.
Can't wait one that's grown in John.
Hi Clarke,I keep foregetting to post in your nano journal it looks realy nice,
I am starting to lean towards smaller setups but I do love my big tank,just wathching evrything in the evevnings is great.
Regards john

samc said:
i thought that might be the case i should imagine alot of time maintaining the tank.

bet you want to try a few different things too :D

look foward to seeing what ull do with the other tanks

Hi samc I most likely will sell the big tank,with several smaller tanks you would have chance to learn more at a faster pace,I would like to have a low light setup too.
Regards john

Graeme Edwards said:
Lisa_Perry75 said:

If your up that way, pop into the green machine for a brew and say hello. :D

Will do mate, you'll have to do your best sales pitch to convert me back to the fresh side of things ;)

John - can you post a full-tank shot?

Back