• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

John starkey 450lts 112g journal new pics 10/5/2009

Hi All,
thanks for the replys always appreciated good or bad'
regards john.

SteveUK said:
Hope your carpet is OK John! Glad you got it planted mate :) Can't wait for a full tank shot *hint* *hint* :lol:

Hi Steve,the carpets fine the wife didnt even notice till I told her :lol: ,I will add a full tank shot when its grown in
Regards john

Looking sweet John, Cyperus was a great choice, i'd never have thought of putting that there. Good work :D

Dan Crawford said:
Looking sweet John, Cyperus was a great choice, i'd never have thought of putting that there. Good work :D
Hi dan,cheers mate I think it will ok if it grows well,less prunning,
See sat for mosh up,Ukaps baby.
John

Hiya wopmeister!

Is the D. diandra going to be a fairly large bush? I have only used it in smaller tanks, and often wondered what an expanse would look like.

That is one seriously healthy, vibrant looking tank you have. :D

Dave.

Dave Spencer said:
Hiya wopmeister!

Is the D. diandra going to be a fairly large bush? I have only used it in smaller tanks, and often wondered what an expanse would look like.

That is one seriously healthy, vibrant looking tank you have. :D

Dave.

Hi Dave, the plan with the d,diandra is to see how tall and bushy i can get it without it going leggy,as for the healthy look i am pleased to say i dont have any algae issuses at the moment (says he) :rolleyes: .
regards john.

54...sooo old lol, I look forward to being 54 in ways - I might well have the time to get a larger tank :)

nry said:
54...sooo old lol, I look forward to being 54 in ways - I might well have the time to get a larger tank :)

Hi Nry,you can buy mine if you want ,regards john.

Great looking tank John, I have a 6 footer I am planning to setup. What substrate did you use?

Hi Mark,

i used eco-complete substrate,if i was doing it again i would use ada soil but what ever you use its not going to be cheap on a tank your size,i used nine bags in mine and i think ten would have been better,eco -complete is not very good for carpeting plants like HC and GLOSSO when the soil is new.

good luck with it regards john.

Mark Webb said:
Stunning tank John, can you ID this little fella please?

P3240534.jpg

Mark

Not to steal johns thunder but its a Golden Ram, I think know as Microgeophagus ramirezi

Amazing fish, make sure you check the blue ones aswell. :thumbup:

John-Have you ever kept Rams with Cherry shrimp, do you think they would eat them? (Anybody got any experience?)

andyh said:
Mark Webb said:
John, can you ID this little fella please?

Mark

Not to steal johns thunder but its a Golden Ram, I think know as Microgeophagus ramirezi

Thanks Andyh, are they difficult to source? cant say I have ever seen one before.

Mark Webb said:
andyh said:
Mark Webb said:
Stunning tank John, can you ID this little fella please?

Mark

Thanks Andyh, are they difficult to source? cant say I have ever seen one before.

Normally not to bad, you see more Blue ones than gold ones.
Maidenhead aquatics normally carry them, most fish shops should be able to get you them. :thumbup:

Back