• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Johnny's 54Ltr

WOW! Loving those Laetacara! ;) I still haven't got up to Wharf so I bet they will have sold the others as the wrong thing before I get up there! Doesn't look like it'll be for a while! Loving the tank too; like Sam said the illusion of larger tank is very convincing.

Thanks very much :D

I have an Eheim Eco going on soon, so that sould help, but I have discovered the tank isn't as big as i thought it was, bought off ebay and never checked the size it was stated, so have ordered a new tank today thats nearly twice as big:)

Its Amazon Frogbit, nice isn't it, have it on my apisto tank too.

I was up at Wharf last week Ed, Ricahrd agreed that they where wrongly labelled and has now changed them, has sold a few too and he's sold the display pair which he wouldn't sell me :arghh: well at least I couldn't see them in the tank.

Cheers
JOHNNY

Samll update with a few more pics of 'smiler' :lol:

New tank is ready to pick up, then I'll get it planted and the boys and girls transfered across :D

Tank_5098.jpg

Laetacara_5285.jpg

Laetacara_5262.jpg

Laetacara_5260.jpg

Laetacara_5254.jpg

JOHNNY

Well after many hours of replanting, cleaning, fish moving, general grunting and moaning, I have got the Laetacara's a new home, its a 30" long tank, they seem to prefer the extra space :D male is still being a bit agressive but nowhere near what he was and I think by the time some of the plants grow in and lines of sight broken he will start to chill and hopefully we will have just babies to worry about :lol: sorry for the poor pictures, the water was still a little cloudy when I shot these.

Few extra plants, wood and dragon stone added

IMG_5401.jpg

IMG_5405.jpg

IMG_5409.jpg

IMG_5425.jpg

IMG_5434.jpg

IMG_5438.jpg

IMG_5441.jpg

IMG_5450.jpg

Comments?

JOHNNY

Love the big leaves in the plant in the last photo - what is it? Some kind of sword? Remind me of a cabbage!

Looks great overall. As you say when things grow up it will look ace. When everything is first planted it all looks very linear as everything you buy is always 15cm long, it's all very flat. Looking forward to hearing about babies!

The plants is frm here http://www.aquaessentials.co.uk/index.p ... ts_id=1889

Echinodorus 'Aquartica', wanted something, sword like that wouldn't grow massive, my normal amazon swords reach over 2ft within a couple of months of going in and just take over, hopefully this one should stay a bit smaller but fill out the space nicely

Cheers
JOHNNY

Thanks

I do have a couple of other lens, I was trying this one out as I haven't used it much

JOHNNY

Unfortunatly we lost the male Laetacara last night, no idea why, no external signs or anything untoward with the water parameters, pretty gutted to be honest :(

JOHNNY

Small update, \got some Laetacara curviceps to replace the Laetacara I lost, also a pair of small banjo cats and a quartet of horseface loaches, thinking about it, it probably wasn't the brightest move putting these in a heavily planted tank. but I like the fish and they are happy.

Laetacara_6536.jpg

Latacara_6529.jpg

Laetacara_6555.jpg

Laetacara_6554.jpg

Laetacara_6559.jpg

JOHNNY

Thank you very much :D I would really like to be able to get the internal filters out to, but its in such aplace that any external would be on the same level :arghh: so thats not good.

Few more up close and personal pictures of the boys and girls

Tetra_5537.jpg

Horse_5687.jpg

Horse_5683.jpg

Bano_5696.jpg

Banjo_5677.jpg

Banjo_5675.jpg

Acara_5505.jpg

Acara_5490.jpg

Acara_5489.jpg

Acara_5480.jpg

Acara_5479.jpg