• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Johnny's New 180 Tank

johnny70

Just a few quick shots of my newest tank(number 9)

Rio 180, Internal filtet 100lph, Fluval 405.
2 x 30w Standard Juwel lamps
Tetra Plant Complete, topped with Silica sand
Pressurised CO2(soon, have kit, no time)
Daily dry ferts dosing along with easycarbo.
Currently fishless cycling, with mature sponges from my other 180. Been setup 9 days now, so still some work to go :lol:

Redmoor root, ocean rock(to help buffer water, low kH, low pH) Dragon stone. lots of plants :D :D :D

180_8650.jpg

180_8657.jpg

180_8672.jpg

180_8663.jpg

180_8666.jpg

180_8847.jpg

180_8848.jpg

JOHNNY

I'm fishless cycling, amonnia is added everyday 8)

The anubais is 'nana'

pretty faultless johnny. its the first time ive seen that type of stone put to good use.

one niggle?....that stick between the 2 stones. everything else wonderfull.

mark

saintly said:
pretty faultless johnny. its the first time ive seen that type of stone put to good use.

one niggle?....that stick between the 2 stones. everything else wonderfull.

mark

Thank you, yes, I don't like it either, I'll sort it soon no doubt, want some more wood and cave in there for the plecs when they go in :D

aaronnorth said:
oh right, i though you meant you had just put the mature sponges in nd left it.

I meant the plant with speckles on its leaf.

Sorry I read your reply wrong :rolleyes: I 'think' its Echinodorus 'Red Flame' but I need to check the labels when I get home to be 100%

Looks great!

Have you grown any of those Echinodorus before? Are they going to get too big for the tank?

They're great plants, but I've always avoided them because they all seem to grow so massive - I could put them in the pond for the summer, but I don't think they'd over-winter in it!

Keep us up to date with how it comes on!

Mark

Not these types, I'm always on the look out for new ones, see if I can grow them well if they grow too big they will be passed to someone with a bigger tank

pretty much yes, I have been adding ammonia on a daily basis and still have a little showing after 24 hours, I want to be able to move a decent amonunt of fish in one go from two other tanks hence the want to build bacteria up to a decent level

a small update. a few of the fish in there and a couple of tank shots, need something thats not quite as unruly as the hygophillia as its a pain to keep down,not trimmed for 4 weeks as I have been working up to and over Christmas.

Suggestions?

JOHNNY

Diamond_1268.jpg

Emperor_1262.jpg

Rio_1111.jpg

Rio_1125.jpg

Rio_1135.jpg

Royal_1239.jpg

royal-2-1.jpg

royal-91.jpg

This tank really has turned into something decent. I'll be honest, at the beginning it wasn't anything special.

I much prefer it now even though it is a bit overgrown I think that looks very natural. Also, where there were a few things like the two Echinodourus at the beginning that dominated the scape, I can't even see them now. Nice one!

thanks for the comments, I do like the way its matured, first pics I agree were nothing special

the fish is a dull eyed royal L190 or L191 can never remember which is which

Good news, after nearly killing each other in their quarantine tank our Pelvicachromis "Blue Fin” have finally spawned we moved them into the Rio180 a while ago, they ignored each other for a while then 3 weeks ago they started shimmering with each other and their colours totally changed. These are wild caught fish, got them when they were still young.

Few days ago we noticed them guarding a cave in the front of the tank, low and behold tiny fry

Today they are out swimming with them for the first time I don't expect too many survivors as its their first batch, but you never know, about 30 fry that I can see

IMG_2634.jpg

IMG_2635.jpg

IMG_2636.jpg

IMG_2637.jpg

IMG_2638.jpg

IMG_2639.jpg

IMG_2643.jpg

IMG_2644.jpg

JOHNNY

WOW!!! Where did you get those beauties from? They've been on my wish list for a while so if they survive I know where some of them could find a good home!!! :lol: (BTW I might be getting some Tilapia joka in the summer from the US if you're interested?)

Nice tank too! :lol:

Thanks Ed, I got the young adults from Micromania(online dwarf supplier, doesn't seem to be in business anymore?) last year, I got a pair of the 'red lips' too, but they did manage to kill each other:(

You are more than welcome to some of the offspring, should I be able to raise them :wideyed: to a decent size.

Cheers
JOHNNY

Back