• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Johns 717l / 157G Tank

Afternoon

Well things seem to be going from strength to strength

I’m on 25% bi weekly water changes (it’s a slick routine now), water testing shows that all is well, I’m using Tropica with N and P and the plants seem to be flourishing and the algae has stopped producing now (I take more out ever time I water change so soon it will be all gone), Temp is now a steady 25C which also helped with the algae. Plants pearl nicely and wont stop growing and the Drop Checker looks good so I’m assuming I have the CO2 balance right for the time being.

Recent additions include some nice Red leafed plants which gives a nice contrast, I offset it did not want it in the middle, also added a couple that have attached them selves nicely to the wood with different shaped leaves. So again giving something different (it may not be to scientific but I like it)

Fish wise I now have in total

10 Amano Shrimps
5 Siamese flying fox’s
25 Rummy nose Tetras
and 3 lovley little fish just cant remember the name of them (Planter Help !!)

Getting pictures of them is another thing altogether (aghhhh), they just wont keep still

They all seem happy and the Foxes seem to love getting into the Tetra shoal

So all in all things are going well, obviously I won’t get complacent and there is still a way to go but I’m happy with progress.

My only question is lighting which maybe I don’t need to worry about just yet, I have two thoughts?

I currently have:

4 x 58W GRO T8 -150cm tubes

1 – Is it sufficient for the plants?

2 – Seeing another thread on the forum can I better enhance the visual look with different lighting?

Regards

John B

ST831666.jpg

ST831662.jpg

ST831657.jpg

ST831665.jpg

ST831669.jpg

Hi

Sorry for the slow reply (had to seek advice) its: Heteranthera Zosterfolia

Regards

JohnB

Hi

Growth does not seem to be an issue. See what I mean

Regards

John B
The plants are a bit greener in real life, my photo skills seem to lighten everything a touch

6may1.jpg

6may2.jpg

6may3.jpg

A full shot, not sure my photographic skills are that great (but im getting there)

Regards

John Berman

SDC10372.jpg

Thats looking fantastic! My only criticism, and it is just an aesthetic thing to me, is the way the substrate is in the middle front. It seems too mounded up at the front. Perhaps take it back from the front of the glass a bit?

Just an idea :)

Lovely and lush, your hedge growing skills are to be applauded!

I think the Alternanthera (if that's what it is) would be better moved to the left a bit though as it gets a bit lost over there on the end. Lovely though, well done.

Back