• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Journal 2 . Finaly, 4ft 238l CLOSEING down today 1st May

Re: Journal 2 . Finaly, 4ft 238l CALLING ALL BRAINS!

Nope, I'm telling you fireextinguishers are the way to go! It's what I use. Solenoids are pretty cheap, I think mine was about £12.

You just use a timer (I prefer digital but don't actually use them atm) and the solenoid, ebays the cheapest as always.

Look for a German solenoid as use a Euro plug adapter. It'll still cost you £30 odd, but well worth it. And yup, as Garuf said, FE's will fit that Regulator and save you lots of cash.

I use that one too, it's absolutely brilliant. Not once had an issue. The aquatic magic one I had to rebuild because it was shorting itself and making a massive hum.

Yes, I've had to rebuild 2 AquaticMagic solenoids because the springs they use are too soft and break.

I used a AM reg for a while and It gave me no end of trouble with leaks, I suppose you get what you pay for.

chilled84 said:
When i set my bubble rate, Do i each day without a solinoid have to set the bubble rate? Or do i leave it as it is and just close the bottle valve?

Chilli

Set your bubble rate and leave it [*]alone[*] - just open / close the valve on the bottle. The only time you will adjust the needle valve is when you want to increase / decrease your BPS which is dependant on the colouration of your DC.

Regards
paul.

Re: Journal 2 . Finaly, 4ft 238l CO2 HELP PLEASE!

chilled84 said:
wicked, Im gona start at 1 bps until i understand, Ill just open and close bottle valve each night and day. :D

Do you have a needle control valve between the regulator / sprial ladder or is the needle valve on the regulator.

Like the attached

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CO2-Needle-Valve- ... 3a4fb778ba

or

JBLReg.jpg

Paul.

Re: Journal 2 . Finaly, 4ft 238l CO2 HELP PLEASE!

chilled84 said:
its like the pic, But without solinoid.

Chilli

With the size of your tank and with the quantity of plants you have I would start at 3 Bps, you have seen picyies of mine and I am running @ approx 6 bps - is going in quicker than I can count it. You must keep your eye on the DC's assuming you have some dotted around the tank. When reviewing them for colouration, take them out of the tank as whilst they are within the water the colour is not true - lime green under water will be yellow out of the water.

Regards
Paul.

Back