• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Journal 2 . Finaly, 4ft 238l CLOSEING down today 1st May

Re: Journal 2 . Finaly, 4ft 238l tank updated Nov 17

Right. Here it is, BUT I NEED HELP/ADVICE.

I have been tieing moss ferns and anubius onto my lovely new piece of manzi, Spent quiete a long time tieing all this but now i cnt seem to sort my scape to acomidate it, Im thinking of chopping it in two to split it up a bit, I want tll thickits of stems on either side of my scape but cant seem to decide on what stems. Give me your thoughts on this.
picture019pu.jpg

picture010m.jpg

picture006jw

Re: Journal 2 . Finaly, 4ft 238l NEED ADVICE! 20TH NOV

i would look at an Iwagumi style tank, i found this post and it has some usefull info in it, you could do a rearangement of your tank into this style.
saintly said:
Hi Tko.

so your looking for graded gravels eh? :angelic: it's no big surprise if i were to say, visit your garden center and buy some really cheap bags of pebbles. check out the different sizes and colours.

one thing i've discovered is, mix colours to achieve a noticeable colour change as opposed to gravels that are the same colour.

if you look at the following image, you'll notice different sizes and colours...even black towards the rocks. all from a garden centre. don't pay through the nose for over priced gravels.

manziwooddemo.jpg

side-2.jpg

6.jpg

here's the miracle mire too.....not my best

d1a5c70e.jpg

734ba313.jpg

stuff you want to be looking for....
974256ac.jpg

P@H and MA stock this.....

50bc5f93.jpg

and there is a good thread to get a carpet positioned in your tank here, http://ukaps.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=8566

I do like to look of the latest scape, you need to get to a point and leave the tank alone and allow it to fill in and mature then it will look compleatley diffrent! :D

mattyc said:
I do like to look of the latest scape, you need to get to a point and leave the tank alone and allow it to fill in and mature then it will look compleatley diffrent! :D[/quote

I will once i get my backround stems, Not sure what to have as i will need many and they wont come cheap.I had to fill unfortunately before finishing laying out all hardscape and planting due to my fish being in temp tank for so long. Couldnt leave them in there for any longer, so filled the tank up.

Once i get them stems it will be sorted.

Im thinking more on the lines of rotala rotundifolia as it will go bushy and then the manzi will merge into the rotala rotundifolia which i think will look nice over time as it will provide cover for the small fish.

How about Rotala wallichi ? It comes in both red and green varieties and creates a very 'soft' efect when used in the background if you get what Im saying. You could use both or only one variety to get different effects or use them with rotala rotundifolia to get a bit a variety in your background stems.

Mortis said:
How about Rotala wallichi ? It comes in both red and green varieties and creates a very 'soft' efect when used in the background if you get what Im saying. You could use both or only one variety to get different effects or use them with rotala rotundifolia to get a bit a variety in your background stems.
I agree with what you say, I have decided now to just use rotala rotundafolia. Its a nice bushy growth plant once pruned as few times. But your advice is very nice and i wish i had more alot more often on here. :D

No problem. Rotala rotundifolia looks great when nicely pruned. I always find that the bottom less branchy bits look a bit bare after a while so use some hardcape to cover it up

Mortis said:
No problem. Rotala rotundifolia looks great when nicely pruned. I always find that the bottom less branchy bits look a bit bare after a while so use some hardcape to cover it up

That's the reason why I pull them out after a few months cut the plants in half and put the top back.

Re: Journal 2 . Finaly, 4ft 238l UPDATED 29,11,09

Updated my pics after a long time since my last, Trimmed rotla 3 times since i first planted, But seen to be struggleing to get that tall busy effect wanted. Also all my dwarth hair grass vanished after many hours seperating and planting, But i wont be beaten, I wish plant some again. Its growing slowly but nicely without presurised co2, shows you can get great results useing EI and easy carbo. If you have any ideas on how i can get my stems to realy bush out tall and thick, Please advice me, :D

1002721.jpg

1002720l.jpg

Re: Journal 2 . Finaly, 4ft 238l UPDATED 08/01/10

Chilled

Spot on mate - give yourself a pat on the back - looks grt.

Regards
Paul.

Re: Journal 2 . Finaly, 4ft 238l UPDATED 08/01/10

No, there's no way of actually measuring levels using a liquid co2 supliment.

Back