• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

journal taster

John Starkey

Hi All,i finally picked up my cabinet this morning from wharfe aquatics nr nottingham,ive had the opti-white tank since last october but my bro inlaw let me down on the making of a cabinet, so i went to the same place who built my large setup,

here,s a couple of pics of what i have to look forward too when i come back from my holls a week monday,
regards john.

P1010374.jpg

P1010373.jpg

P1010372.jpg

P1010375.jpg

Hi Tony/joecoral,

the opti-white is 60 x 40 x 45 cm i am still not 100% sure what to do yet but i may come up with something to use the height of the tank :idea:
the dennerle is 30 x 30 x 35 cm i am planning on taking this to dan crawfords barby for the planting contest,

regards john.

looks like it'll be a cube off then John I'll be having my cube there too.
Looks brilliant though, I'm jealous of all your equipment, but especially that optiwhite.

Love the look of the tanks and cabinets. Particurley interested in what you do with the Dennerle tank.

Does the Dennerle come as a complete kit? Filter, lights, heater? What sort of price do these run at?

Cheers Gordon.

BINKSY1973 said:
Love the look of the tanks and cabinets. Particurley interested in what you do with the Dennerle tank.

Does the Dennerle come as a complete kit? Filter, lights, heater? What sort of price do these run at?

Cheers Gordon.

Hi gordon
you need to shop around because i have noticed quite a price difference in store and on line,i was lucky cuz i have friends in the trade,
you buy the dennerle stuff in any permatation you wish its purely your choice,
regards john.

Garuf said:
looks like it'll be a cube off then John I'll be having my cube there too.
Looks brilliant though, I'm jealous of all your equipment, but especially that optiwhite.

Bring it on brother garuf its gonna be a great barby at dans gaff :lol: :lol: ,

i better go and pack my case for holls we go early in the morning and the wife keeps scowling at me :lol:

take care all catch ya in weeks time,
regards john.

That`s a tasty taster John. Bet you can`t want to get your sleeves wet.

Dave.

Not jealous at all...nope, I have no desire to set up my PFK cube again...nope, I really don't...

Some nice tanks there John, you've really got the bug haven't you!

Hi all,I'm sat at the airport thinking about scaling when I get home,I can't wait to get back :lol:
Regards john (I'm adicted to plants and fish) :lol:

Haha, this looks like one to watch, nice dimensions too. I can't wait to see what you do with it! ;)

Looking good brother! It looks like Warf did a great Job on your cabinet and the AquaJardin Dennerle stand matches well too.
If you read this on your iPhone, turn it off, NOW! I had a £157 phone bill when surfing out in France, i swear it was less than 10mins all together, turn it off John, TURN IT OFF :lol:

Dan Crawford said:
Looking good brother! It looks like Warf did a great Job on your cabinet and the AquaJardin Dennerle stand matches well too.
If you read this on your iPhone, turn it off, NOW! I had a £157 phone bill when surfing out in France, i swear it was less than 10mins all together, turn it off John, TURN IT OFF :lol:

Yup, I made sure all the data roaming was switched off when I've been abroad!
One of my friends got a bill over £1,000 (!) for using it in Thailand or somewhere.

Hi all,obviously i am back,had a cracking holiday and the turkish people are lovely,really friendly they even bought me a couple of pints,did the turkish bath and massage,had the mud bath,really funny all in all had a good time,one thing i have started to notice now i am getting on in years :lol:,i seem to get quite nervous when the flight is approaching,i used to love flying but i am not so keen these days,i have told the wife i would rather have our holls over here and she just says i am being silly but seriously i am getting quite scared of flying these days,
anyway as usual i got back to work today to find i am booked solid for ages so i dont know when i am going to start these new setups,but it gives me a liitle more time to think about what i am going to do,
regards john.

Back