• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Jublee Clips and Hosing.

Johno2090

Ok thought id get some feedback on what i'm up to. I've just bought some TMC powerbox 400 filters and realised the hosing is 19mm internal and not the standard 16mm...so that means all my external gear dosent fit properly....

I've already got it all setup with the gear attached with jublee clips, I know its going to give me a drop in flow but should this be ok?

Everything seems firm enough and ive added some silicone under it to boot....

Opinions please!

hmm no one telling me i'm going to run into issues? :/

I've not filled her up yet.

I'd say if it feels tight and you can't twist them when the jubilee clamps are well tightened, you're good to go :)

Other way around foxfish Ive put 19mm over some 16mm fittings :/

Are you using metal jubilee clips, silicone tube and hard plastic (eg ABS) fittings?
if so I'm wondering how the metal clips are looking against soft tubes?

There on the back of my tank, but they are metal hose clips, look fine to me! I guess i just like the look of the sturdy non leaking pipes ;) But yeah Metal over Soft Silicone Tube over Hard Plastic. Can tighten them up a lot too.

Its better to be safe than sorry!

done it before with normal garden and pond hose on one of my pond pumps, no problems encountered.

Back