• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Julia's tank 40L - 3rd layout - Anubias Garden

Lovely tank! How is the pinnafitida attached? Looks great on top of the wood, think I might do something similar next tank

Cheers

I like it very much! Nice colour and lovely hardscape!

New pics. I slightly tweaked plants positions, cut overgrown and put new crypt balansae red behind the wood.
Need to replace white sand and probably tweak plants some more. Anyway, tank looks good as home tank.
A lot of fish in there.

14131235740_da87ccefc2_c.jpgIMG_0905 by bialix1, on Flickr

14317212954_d25d8060c0_c.jpgIMG_0900 by bialix1, on Flickr

14314514081_6d47a756e6_c.jpgIMG_0899 by bialix1, on Flickr

Last weekend I replaced white sand with fresh one. And tweaked some plants. I think the tank has matured, and now I need some time to grow plants at background and I'll be ready for the so called "final" shot.

Here's my pygmy cory, I grew them from eggs:

14216230700_7f18a3dc76_c.jpgIMG_1031 by bialix1, on Flickr

FTS - the water is cloudy after sand maintenance:
14216429407_159d4fbe1e_c.jpgIMG_1071 by bialix1, on Flickr

I've added some clumps of micrantheum monte carlo on the rocks. Also, looking on the shot I see couple of places where plants need tweaking.

Last edited:
Last weekend I replaced white sand with fresh one. And tweaked some plants. I think the tank has matured, and now I need some time to grow plants at background and I'll be ready for the so called "final" shot.

Here's my pygmy cory, I grew them from eggs:

14216230700_7f18a3dc76_c.jpgIMG_1031 by bialix1, on Flickr

FTS - the water is cloudy after sand maintenance:
14216429407_159d4fbe1e_c.jpgIMG_1071 by bialix1, on Flickr

I've added some clumps of micrantheum monte carlo on the rocks. Also, looking on the shot I see couple of places where plants need tweaking.

That last shot looks superb mate. Really nice. The Marimo moss makes such a clean contrast between it and the sand. Looks great and I'm sure she's very happy

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk 2

Alastair, thanks, yes my sister is quite happy about the tank. There are some algae spots, and probably we need to slightly refresh marimo, maybe I'll trim it lightly. Unfortunately, I'm avoid to use cidex/liquid carbo because I've heard it may cause allergic reactions.

Sent via Tapatalk

Parotet, thanks, yes, Julia is quite proud and happy of the tank. Only her mother does not like when I change something or trim plants, she likes when there are a lot of plants :)

Sent via Tapatalk

Last weekend I was happy to visit Julia and took some pictures. The tank is matured very well. The photo below taken with flash light, not main light.

15059595252_11737af4eb_c.jpgDSC01395 by bialix1, on Flickr

I wanted to take some pictures for contest(s), but had not enough time to try different things :( I'm not happy with my photo results so far. And my tripod is pure crap, sorry for my french.

Thanks Tim.
Pinatifida is simpe but quite demanding plant, IMO. It likes soft water in my observations. In this tank it grows not very good, because of water kh=6, gh=8-10. We're using rich soil substrate and water softener, otherwise kh would be 8. I think kh around 4 is more suitable for this plant. Maybe I'm wrong.

Reactions: tim
Back