• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Jumping the gun..

Hello guys,

As you'll be well aware, theres been a thread very active of late regarding an Angelfish in a biOrb.

I have deleted the thread for a specific reason, as follows;

The person in question had a reason for housing the angelfish in question in such a way, due to the original tank breaking. I however 'jumped the gun' and rather than question the person first, I sent them a pretty direct email highlighting my disgust at their actions.

After talking to them and understanding their situation, and also working with them to try and rehome the fish, I would like to retract my initial comments, hence deleting the thread.

Sorry to the person in question, and welcome to the forum, where you'll find a whole load more people as or if not more in love with this hobby and everything in it, including welfare.

So echoing a few wise members words, the power is in education.
Cheers,

As said education is the key ;) So have you directed them here and have they joined up?

They have been here, directed by callmephathead, but not sure if they have joined up as of yet. Hopefully they will!

You say jumped the gun almost sounds like you made a friend in the process. Some of us were quick to judge this person too after just reading the thread and then looking on eBay . So I am sorry too and glad you removed it after taking action. Well done hope the fish end up happy and.,:)."respect":)

Hi Nath,
it takes a big man to retract comments and publically apologise..... kudos!

Your initial comments on the other deleted thread were directed at trying to rehome the fish and not starting a witch hunt, so the intention was always good. The listing in question was misleading to potential buyers and I'm pleased that there has been a positive outcome whereby the fish will be rehomed and the seller understands the implications of the advertisement and the passionate comments they received.

If the seller is visiting the site, welcome. Sorry to hear of the unfortunate accident and losses suffered regards your other tank.
Fishkeeping......and aquatic plant keeping ;)......is a great hobby to be involved in and its good to see the level of devotion felt by those who enjoy it.
Lets look forward to promoting it and helping each other out :)
Cheerio
Ady.

Back