• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

jungle plain(life or death)

Nelson

hi,
here's my attempt at keeping plant's alive.i know the layout breaks all the "rules" but i like it.not finished but not a journal either.will probably change things around as i go.

fish009u.jpg

fishydg.jpg

fish011.jpg

aqua one ar980 215litres
2x39w 8hrs
jbl reg 2kg fe
jbl e1500 + jbl i60
jbl aquabasis+ and akadama
tpn+ 10ml a day
easy carbo 5 ml a day
thanks
neil

Re: life or death

Much better now ;) tank looks awsome too, will look great when the carpet fills in :)
I will move it to journals as this area is for completed setups or close to it. ;)

Keep us posted on its progress, congrats

hi,
thanks guys.it is just my first "proper" attempt.need to get a koralia and go to EI,which clive kindly worked out for me :D , when money permits.just trying to keep them alive at the moment.
thanks again
neil

nelson said:
hi,
thanks guys.it is just my first "proper" attempt.need to get a koralia and go to EI,which clive kindly worked out for me :D , when money permits.just trying to keep them alive at the moment.
thanks again
neil
So far you doing a great job ;) keep up the good work

Looking good and love the roots. Not so sure on the rock but then I had some plum coloured slate in my first scape :lol:

Keep up the good work

AC

left hand side looks fantastic....with you on that rock though.

the roots look brilliant.

just maybe, if you removed that stone, and fiddled with some grass in the same area, you could be on to a real winner :D

hi,
thanks.i guess the rock must go.i will see what i can do.got some C. balensae from oatfish today so maybe play around a bit later.
thanks
neil

hi,
stone is now gone :D .put some c.balansae in(from oatfish,fantastic condition).need to get some more grass,not sure which one yet.not getting on with the blyxa :( .may replace with some lilaeopsis at some stage.will wait and see.just done water change so needs to clear yet.
fish013.jpg
thanks
neil

I really like this layout. It shows incredible potential.

Your use of wood is excellent, Neil. I would consider adding more in a similar way to the right, creating an effective U-shape composition.

Doing so would make one of the most innovative and creative layouts seen on this forum in a long time.

However, leaving the wood to the left and creating a sloping composition, so the space to the right is almost empty, would work very well too.

At the moment the tall planting to the right leaves the biggest area for improvement, as there's little midground interest. I would consider moving some of the tallest plants to the left, to enhance the height of your brilliant wood work.

Anyway, super job so far. Keep up the good work and I look forward to seeing this progress - however you choose to do so.

Oh, and Happy Birthday! :D

hi,
thanks guys.main aim is learning to keep the plants alive,co2 and EI.will progress as and when money permits :) .a bit skint at the moment :( .
thanks again
neil

jungle plain (life or death)

hi,
bit of a bad day.broke my glass drop checker and diffuser today whilst cleaning,heavy handed :( .had to bodge one :) .had a bit of a move around but not happy with it,too stressed so gave up for today.want more wood and anubias but no money at the moment so making do with what i have. got some algae probs but not much.
fish014y.jpg

still need to get a koralia and hoping to get dry ferts before tpn+ runs out.going to change the name so it's not all doom and gloom :)
thanks
neil

hi,
a little update.moved it around a bit.to hard to maintain as it was.had some plant deaths.blyxa doesn't seem to grow.c.balansae suffering,leaves melt at the bottom and come off.some moss,where i was putting easycarbo in :oops:

fish033.jpg

didn't plant hc properly so starting again.

still more alive than dead. :lol:

hi,
little update.camera handheld so pics not great.some more plants added,some gone/dead.blyxa finally started to grow :D
fish018.jpg

added some shrimp from YzemaN.

suffering from GSA at the moment but getting there overall.

Back