• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Just for fun

Parablennius

Afternoon all
Just for fun I removed a bouyant floater of Ceratopteris thalictroides to see what fully emersed growth looked like, very different from the " just floating" form and different again from the submersed form ( which for some reason I am totally unable to grow, it melts away) DSCN2440.JPG DSCN2443.JPG
Also, while I have your attention, Two pics of my Frogbit. Question is, is this Limnobium or Hydrocharis? It grows well enough, I regularly donate to LFS. My issue is that the mature leaves senesce after a couple of days and appear to "peak" too soon. It's not flowered so I can't use that as ID.The base of the leaf appears to be deeply incised, more like Hydrocharis than Limnobium?? If it's Hydrocharis are tropical temperatures too warm, driving it too hard and causing fast cycling and early death? DSCN2446.JPG DSCN2447.JPG
TIA
cheers
Steve

Last edited:
Hydrocharis as in our native h. morsus ranae? If so then it doesn't look like it to me. The leaves are thin and darker on the bottom where Limnobium has more of a spongy texture like a jaffa cake.

Thanks both. Looks like Limnobium then. I agree it looks a bit pale greenish. I already dose Lushmax, (same as James' All in one ) at 10ml per 200L daily. I'm also keeping an eye on TDS as all my fish are soft-water. Bit of a tightrope between one and the other. I also raise my tap change water GH to 5 using Calcium Nitrate and Magnesium Sulphate so I thought the extra Nitrogen and Magnesium should be sufficient? I'll bump it up a tad.
Cheers

Last edited:
Back