• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Just got my "fish" college results!

Respect! I do know of one, a guddon, i'll PM you.
Man, i havn't got enough fingers for all the pies LOL

Tom said:
Dunno, just got sacked from my shop for looking elsewhere!! Tom

I'm sure there are laws against that. I'm not surprised you didn't want to work there if that is how they behave.

All the best for the future and congrats on getting your distinction :)

Respect! I do know of one, a guddon

Applied :D

What course were you studying?

National Diploma in Ornamental Fisheries :rolleyes:

I'm sure there are laws against that. I'm not surprised you didn't want to work there if that is how they behave.

There are laws, but I wasn't even given any sort of contract to start with. Technically it was casual labour and they can do what they like really. At least I was all paid up to date. Then they went on about me giving them plenty of notice before I quit, when they've just sacked me on the spot lol. Never mind eh, there's plenty of shops about. Shame, because that one was cheap, and they have nice corals.

They had some funny ideas about things too like the keeping and treatment of fish in the shop, and dealing with customers especially! :?

Ah well, I'm sure something will come through if I apply for every fish job under the sun (which I kind of am doing!). Going for a local college's Aquatics and Exotics Technician post as well, so we'll see what comes of that.

Tom

I went to Sparsholt and did three years of fisheries studies and loved every minute of it.

Selling cars for a living now but thats life!

Where abouts are you hoping to get a job, locally to college or where you live?

I was one of the up to your armpits in mud, ice, water hardworking carp lot.

Good luck, I think when I did my course some 10 years there were very few jobs in that industry available, more scope now I'm guessing.

Best of luck with everything.

Back