• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Just plants

Akwaskape

20150320_184826_zpsryaer6fd.jpg

At 7 months old this tank has reached the stage where the floaters have really backed off. I'm reasonably optimistic that the more light demanding crypts like Parva will benefit from this. And am already seeing new leaves shoot up quicker. It's been a long process with the odd time of despair :/ but it's nice to be able to see it come together as first intended.
20150414_222056_zpsg6fwb93t.jpg

thanks greenfinger2
Fancied something old school, not knocking it but the planted tank has come along way over recent years and i thought it would be nice to represent a bit of a throwback to a natural low light well organised display :)
All the fish are quality locally (within Europe) tank bred. Like alot of hobbyists you start of with the good old reliable livestock, you then get a taste and go of on a journey to find the exotic and rare and then you kinda get drawn back to the good old reliables again Lol

Update; crypts are still shrinking but look like they are tightening up and becoming more defined as contrasts.

3.5 ft Parva carpet looks hmmm! I'm still on the fence as to weather it's going to flourish. But im not ruling it out.

Crypt Pontederiifolin is an addition since last I think. Doing well and not melting. This will hopefully give the scape an off centre focal point of interest.

Here's a pic.

20150510_221536_zpsyxp5zlh5.jpg

Super happy with the quality of these new additions to the #justplants set up.

Blue Harlequin Rasboras x 9

I also post updates and videos of my Natural Planted Aquascapes on Instagram. Even manage to get a couple likes from Oliver Knott and Sir Takashi Amano himself now and again ;)

IMG_20150511_124510_zpsibodgg3o.jpg

Back