• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
Update: Progress ! and plants ordered.

So I have been busy getting everything I need sorted before I order my plants which I did today (they will arrive Friday from TGM) great customer service ! The DSM went well! and has been going for over 3 weeks now. Thanks to all the guys who helped me learn about the DSM method.

I went back to my original plan on the cabinet, even though I liked the over sized cabinet and how the pipe work comes through the top I really wanted a DIY ADA cabinet.

Here's some pictures of the DIY ADA Cabinet:

DSC_0435_zpse15a0fd5.jpg

DSC_0432_zpsd41b9087.jpg

Here's how the the root wood looks like with the moss and ferns attached:

DSC_0411_zpsd8ad132e.jpg

DSC_0410_zps38a2d02e.jpg

Here's my order from TGM:

Plantsorder_zps865bb982.jpg

Great cabinet Justin you got any pics of the build looking forward to more updates

Dean

That is a stunning set up. Is one pole longer than the other? That would bug me...

Update: Up and Running Finally

So after a long time of planning and waiting for the DSM to finish it was time to get the substrate in and get my hands dirty! Only 2 things went wrong today, 1 being TGM missed out one of the plants I ordered but after speaking to James they will be sending it out monday morning for me so no biggy. And 2 I couldn't use my Co2 regulator because after reading the manual is clearly said "not to be used with a solenoid" which I had added, now most equipment I don't mind bending the rules slightly but Pressurized Co2 ? NO THANK YOU! So I have ordered a much better regulator which will be here tomorrow (hopefully) for the mean time I am running a small Co2 system which was for back ups, good thing I had it on stand by.

So here's a few photos of what I have done today.

Last few Items arrived today
DSC_0478_zpsf7c7051e.jpg

Plants waiting to be prepared

DSC_0455_zps619d46cf.jpg
DSC_0456_zps20382ca4.jpg

Tank cleaned and waiting to be filled

DSC_0458_zps429749c4.jpg

ADA Yamaya rocks added as a divide for the sand and soil

DSC_0459_zps02bc62d2.jpg
DSC_0460_zps91fcdeda.jpg

First layer of Substrate added ADA Power Sand

DSC_0462_zpsa1818018.jpg
DSC_0461_zpsb00c6436.jpg

Second Layer, is ADA Powders (ADA Penac W, ADA Penac P, ADA Bacter 100, ADA Tourmaline BC, ADA Clear Super)

DSC_0467_zpsf498b81b.jpg

Sand added (ADA La Plata Sand)

DSC_0468_zps8dedec2d.jpg
DSC_0469_zpsab5be538.jpg

Redmoor Root Wood added

DSC_0470_zps1abcad4b.jpg

Third + forth layer of substrate then added ADA Amazonia + ADA powder

DSC_0472_zpsf278cfdf.jpg
DSC_0473_zps61ca705d.jpg

The tank is then soaked and filled with about 3cm of water, I then started by adding the Anubias Nana (which I forgot to add before placing the redmoor root wood in woops)

DSC_0474_zpscdda66c6.jpg

Then the background plants (Rotala sp green, Limnophila hippuridoides, Cyperus helferi)

DSC_0479_zps52860347.jpg
DSC_0480_zps0e76c21e.jpg

I then planted the rest of the plants (Eleocharis sp. 'mini, Staurogyne repens)

And here's how it looks all planted up and running. (still a little cloudy)

DSC_0481_zps1a2281ef.jpg
DSC_0482_zps9684f160.jpg

NIce.
Busy day for someone...
Did the redmoor stay put ? It doesn't look like you had to weigh it down.

looks great did you get glass lid cut to size just before the lilly pipes looks cool I could do with something similar

Thanks dean

Nice step by step.
Looking nice already, and good stone work to divide the sand without looking unnatural :)
Cheerio,
Ady

Hey, really nice setup there. I was wondering where you got your DIY light stand?

Thanks mate, I purchased the hanging kit off eBay but had to customize it a little for it to work how I wanted it to.

Very cool - photos are great.

Posted from the comfort of my iPhone...

Thanks

Back